BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. 1.3 million people require urgent health assistance, including an estimated 700,000 IDPs and 1 million refugees and migrants. In response, the IRC launched an emergency program in September 2016 in Libya which aimed to provide life-saving medical care, medicines, and medical supplies to Libyans and non-Libyans and in doing so strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Health. The IRC Libya program is in the process of expanding the scope and scale of both protection and health programming in Misrata, Sirte and Tripoli, developing an outcome focused strategy that aims to restore and strengthen the primary health care system, focusing on ensuring survival, equitably, and at scale to reach the largest number of clients.
SCOPE OF WORK: The IRC seeks an experienced field coordinator with significant humanitarian operations experience to manage the IRC's field offices, staff, and operations. The individual must have previous experience working in volatile environments that feature ongoing insurgencies and/or open conflict. The Field Coordinator will supervise staff, manage the office premises, negotiate access with local authorities, and contribute to program design and implementation. The Field Coordinator will report to the Country Director and be based in the IRC's Libya field office with occasional travel to Tunis.
Field Office Management
- Lead regular all staff meetings among programs, security, and supply chain staff.
- Supervise staff from programs, supply chain, HR, security, and finance.
- Draft reports and provide verbal updates to the Country Director.
- Represent the IRC in meetings with local authorities, donors, journalists, and other humanitarian agencies.
- Manage IRC field offices in Libya.
- Orient, train, supervise, and mentor operations staff.
- Manage field operational budgets and liaise closely with finance to monitor cash flow/projections, review financial reports, and track program spending.
- Responsible for safety and security of IRC staff, assets and premises in coordination with the IRC Libya Security Coordinator, and ensure consistent review and updating of security management plans.
- Ensure timely and quality program implementation, reporting, and monitoring.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of field-based program staff in coordination with the IRC sector leads.
- Contribute to assessments, program design, and budgeting.
- Ensure programs are in compliance with IRC, donor and national requirements.
- Humanitarian professional with at least five years field experience.
- At least two years relevant experience managing a field office or sub-office.
- Experience in operations, including security, procurement, and fleet management.
- Experience with access negotiations and relationship-building with local authorities.
- Experience in staff supervision, performance management, and coordination.
- Familiarity with humanitarian programs, including health and protection.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people and represent the IRC.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Experience in Libya is a major asset.
The IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position reports to: Country Director/ Head of Mission
Position directly supervises: Health Manager, Protection Manager, Security officer, HR officer, Finance officer, Supply Chain Officer.
Other internal: Health Coordinator, Finance Controller, Senior HR Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Security and Access Coordinator, Deputy Director for Programs, Deputy Director for Operations.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci45MjIxMC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcG...