Badael is a Syrian non-governmental organization committed to strengthening civil society groups (CSG’s) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Syria. The Foundation work with groups who are active or want to become active in the promotion and/or implementation of the activities to reduce violence, break its cycle respond to the conflict and prepare for a future equitable pluralistic Syria.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Programme Officer will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Capacity-Building Programme. The Programme Officer will work closely with the the Deputy Director to support and empower participant civil society groups. She/he will coordinate with participant groups and Badael’s trainers, monitor and evaluate the capacity building programme, provide online technical support, compile reports, create minutes of all meetings and coordinate creation and training materials. Therefore, the right candidate must have at least three years of experience in a similar position, with a solid educational background that is preferably related to law, social science or peacebuilding while also having excellent level of written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Develop capacity building modules, tools for ensuring quality capacity building for team and partners.
· Devises plan and methodology for periodic evaluation, learning and dissemination of lessons related to capacity building.
· Supervise and provide needed technical support to Badael’s team of trainers and filed coordinators.
· Responsible for high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field.
· Contribute to the design of program strategies, collaborations and implementation plans to ensure long-term sustainability and impact
· Supervise the organizational capacity assessments for local partners implemented by the program team and monitor the implementation of organizational strengthening plans;
· Timely monitor partner CSGs to ensure implementation and impact of grants provided and prepare reports
· Develop and maintain process documents, training feedbacks, evaluation methods and similar training related documents and tools of assessment.
· Identifying and coordinating with consultants and external trainers.
· Maintain an effective M&E system according to Badael’s MAEL policy and insure M&E database of the program are updated systematically.
· Prepare and ensure the timely submission of Monthly Progress Reports.
· Coordinate meetings, and liaise with the Administrator Officer for the travel and accommodation arrangements and expenditure reports.
· Follow up and monitor the implementation of the support local peace initiatives project (small grants) with Badael’s partners inside Syria.
· Review proposals written by organizations Badael supports, for the Small Grants Programme.
· Coordinate with participant beneficiaries of the Small Grants Programme to facilitate the implementation of beneficiaries’ peacebuilding initiatives.
· Monitor and report on the successes and failures of projects funded by Badael’s small grants programme.
· Ensure that occurring expenditures correspond to budget lines in coordination with the finance officer.
· University degree in social science, law, peacebuilding or another related field.
· A minimum of three years of progressive and professional experience in program coordination or related areas in NGOs.
· Knowledge of capacity building for civil society groups and NGOs
· Good knowledge of peace building field is required and the work of the Syrian civil society is a plus.
· Familiarity with program design, including technical narratives, log frames and reporting
· Good communication skills both verbal and written, in Arabic and English.
· Good computer skills in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
· Demonstrated commitment to Badael values (Respect, Diversity and Integrity) and team work.
To apply: send your CV and a motivation letter to: email@example.com