WHAVE SOLUTIONS: JOB VACANCY
Country Manager, Kampala Office
Whave is a Ugandan social enterprise focused primarily on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, particularly in developing services for rural areas. We work with communities, government, and civil society organisations. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Country Manager, based in Kampala, to take lead on implementation of projects across Uganda and ensure Whave’s strategic aims are met. The role will report to the Managing Director and be accountable for direct and indirect management of all other staff.
Applicants are invited to email us a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please describe in your covering letter, why this post interests you, the skills you have and how your previous experience and training is relevant. Please also list your earliest start date on your covering letter.
The Country Manager will be based in the Kampala office with substantial travel to Whave’s field offices around the country. The role will include:
· Ensuring implementation across field offices to meet strategic objectives and donor requirements
· Developing tools, templates, manuals and processes for all staff to implement
· Line management of project managers, co-ordinators, M&E, senior finance and admin
· Budgeting, oversight of accounts, procurement and financial policy
· Oversee the recruitment of new staff, implement and update administrative systems and policies
· Reporting and liaison with partners, donors and stakeholders
· Develop strategies to support the creation of sustainable rural WASH services
· Oversight of all monitoring and evaluation ensuring quality data is obtained and analysed
· Provide training and capacity building to all staff to be able to deliver on targets
· Provide support on fundraising, and communication
Skills and requirements
Successful applicants must have adequate skills and experience suitable for the tasks described above, including:
· Education to degree level or higher with
· At least five years management experience preferably in a rural development context
· Excellent organisational skills, logistics, scheduling and communications
· Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and publishing programmes
· Experience in managing a team to deliver targets whilst controlling expenditure
· High level of analytical skills to aid in learning and development of strategies
· High level people and team-working skills and an ability to travel Working hours and conditions will be standard, with scope for flexibility to suit individual circumstances. Remuneration will be suitable for an early to mid career professional and health insurance. Both Ugandan nationals and foreign applicants will be considered.
Applicants are invited to email us a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe in your covering letter, why this post interests you, the skills you have and how your previous experience and training is relevant. Please also list your earliest start date on your covering letter