Procurement and Administrative Assistant, GS6, TA, Tunis, Tunisia
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For over 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Procurement and Administrative Assistant - GS-6 (TA)
UNICEF Tunisia, Tunis
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (364 days)
Purpose of this Position:
Under the supervision of the Supply and Logistics Officer, the Procurement and Administrative Assistant, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design. **
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Receives supply requisitions
- Obtains quotations
- Invoice Processing
- Events and Conferences
- Office assets’ management
- General Administrative Duties (issuance visa letters, hotel bookings, venues for official meetings…et **
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Manager, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply/ICT Manager.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel agent to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
- Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items and maintaining the quarterly inventory report.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required. Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Fluency in French and Arabic is required. Knowledge of English is an asset.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religion and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. **
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505476