Internal Controller and Compliance - Nationals Only
Save The Children International employs approximately 17,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 60 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise children's rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Reporting directly to the Country Director, the ICC is accountable for assessing, monitoring and help mitigating both internal and external risks across the Country Programme; and providing effective challenge to the quality of management oversight on key functions within the Country Programme. Developing high quality approaches and systems, the ICC works closely with function/department leads and other senior staff, ensuring effective monitoring and response to external risks, associated with: local government and authorities, compliance with policy and regulations, legal and local political issues. Collaborating with teams across the country programme, the SCI Regional Office, Global Assurance and Centre for relevant areas., the ICC will also ensure that high quality, effective systems are in place to monitor and respond to internal risks, associated with but not limited to: partnerships and local NGO relationships, compliance with SCI policy and regulation, child safe guarding, fraud and corruption. Additionally, as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the ICC contributes to the overall strategic leadership of the country programme, participating in all SMT processes and leading on relevant SMT tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years spent working at NGO Senior Management level
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems
- Understanding of strategic finance issues with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment
- Experience of working effectively, independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships and utilising collaborative approaches
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Fluent in written and spoken - English/Arabic
- Experience with Save the Children award management and financial systems (AMS and Agresso)
- Experience in audit management
- Sound understanding of critical SCI policies
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FyYWguNzg3NjIuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW...