Advocacy , Media and Communications Director
Save The Children International employs approximately 17,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 60 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise children's rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
As a member of SC Jordan's Senior Management Team (SMT), the Advocacy, Media and Communication Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of SC Jordan. The Advocacy , Media and Communication Director in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in our public and private facing advocacy, media and communications on the humanitarian situation in Jordan as well as our longer term development work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states.
- Significant prior experience working in advocacy on humanitarian issues, child rights, human rights, and/or development issues.
- Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues.
- Excellent skills in advocating towards government officials in developing countries.
- Experience of and strong skills in developing and implementing humanitarian advocacy strategies.
- Good attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of child rights and international humanitarian law.
- Understanding of UN and donor operations at country level.
- High level analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven skills in media work, including interviews on Radio and TV.
- Fluent in Arabic.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2FyYWguMjcwNTcuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW...