The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for the on-going implementation and management of integrated marketing campaigns and strategies to elevate UNICEF’s visibility and relevancy in the U.S. and achieve organizational fundraising and advocacy objectives. The Marketing Manager oversees all aspects of campaign management, including strategy development, implementation, day-to-day management and evaluation.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Manage and implement integrated marketing plans for UNICEF USA’s key campaigns, and all other national, consumer-facing brand awareness and fundraising campaigns
- Proactively strategize, develop and oversee integrated marketing plans for UNICEF USA’s signature campaigns
- Utilize a strategic understanding of consumer behavior and insights in campaign planning
- Work closely with the Marketing Insights team to ensure plans are scaling over time, building increased awareness, revenue and driving deeper engagement
- Collaborate with the brand and messaging team to ensure promotional messaging is on-brand and fully integrated across all elements of the marketing mix
- Assist with day-to-day management of third party marketing agencies as well as advertising opportunities, including television, radio, print, out-of-home and digital media
- Assist in development of creative advertising and distribution of assets to media partners
- Consult on and represent marketing & communications strategy at internal and external meetings and brainstorming sessions (contributing ideas, recommending approaches, etc.)
- Review and sign-off on marketing collateral for all campaigns
- Prepare presentations for key meetings and assist in creation of marketing recap reports
- Ensure high standards are maintained in all campaign programs
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience in campaign management and media planning
- Experience leading integrated marketing/advertising campaigns
- Experience working with marketing, advertising and media partners to plan, implement and execute promotional marketing campaigns
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and write creatively
- Ability to lead projects and work independently
- Must be able to work collaboratively and professionally as a member of the marketing team and with colleagues in other departments with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please apply on-line at: