Business Development Officer
General SPARK information
SPARK is a growing, young, dynamic development NGO with 80 staff members in offices and Business Start-up Centres in Southeast Europe, the MENA region, North, East & West Africa. SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity.
SPARK is achieving its mission by organizing business plan competitions, business skills training, SME coaching & mentoring, business incubation, SME financing, value chain improvements, intensive higher vocational education summer courses, curriculum development and quality assurance at universities and higher vocational education institutions. SPARK is currently expanding its activities in its existing locations as well as in the MENA region. Find more information at www.spark-online.org
The Business Development Officer is part of an international team working closely together towards the development and implementation of (new) programmes. The Business Development Officer is stationed at our Belgrade Office.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Support efforts by SPARK field offices to develop and write new project applications in SME development and higher (vocational) education, primarily in our target localities, both in response to open tenders as well as unsolicited applications;
· Provide services in proposal writing and budgeting for bids for (non)government contracts and grants.
· Monitoring and selecting appropriate tenders and doing background researches for SPARK countries of interest.
Requirements and competencies
· Excellent oral and written language skills in English; other languages (such as French and Arabic) are an asset;
· Awareness of relevant funding schemes, e.g. European Commission, World Bank as well as bi lateral funding opportunities;
· Good knowledge of project development, particularly project proposal writing (LFA methodology);
· Good (inter-cultural) communication and social skills;
· Good presentation and networking skills and the ability to work independently. The position particularly requires an entrepreneurial and results-oriented approach.
· Proven track record in successful programme / project writing and acquisition from mayor institutional donors (EU, World Bank, UNDP, bilateral European government s etc.) is an asset.
· Junior applicants are also encouraged to apply.
· International and dynamic working experience;
· Training opportunities;
· Competitive remuneration range depending on skills and experience, partly success fee based.
If you are interested, please email your letter of motivation and your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June 2017 (Reference: Business Development Officer). For more information about the vacancy, please call +381 (0)11 3285851. s