Health care Officer
Scope of Work:
To support the QRCS – Turkey Mission Health Care Program, to improve the quality of Maternal and Child Health Care at Primary Care levels through reequipping health facilities and training Health providers, while providing an overall support to Health, Nutrition and MH GAP components of the program.
· Ensure the implementation of agreed on plans, to achieve results on time, and with high quality.
· Oversee/conduct a rapid facility assessment in coordination with field coordinators followed by a more comprehensive technical Health assessment to determine prioritized activities.
· Identify the needs for professional trainings related to PHC service provision, and assist in training provision.
· Oversee comprehensive training programs in Maternal and Child Health, Minimal Initial Service Package for Reproductive Health, and Integrated Management of Childhood Illness that have been customized for the Syrian context and delivered to PHC providers.
· Ensure highest quality PHC provision of Health services. Including: nutritional activities, appropriate supplementation of Vitamin A.
· Develop weekly and monthly work plans to achieve the program’s expected results.
· Lead and guide the mobile team and field medical coordinators.
· Any additional duties assigned by the supervisor.
· Assist the logistics department in the procurement of drugs/ medical supplies /medical equipment, by providing specifications describing the requested items.
· Provide regular supervision (directly / remotely) of supported clinics, including data collection/records of beneficiaries, program activities, as well as timely implementation to reach targets according to the program objectives.
· Provide regular updates and reports to Health Care Coordinators / Head of Health Programs as required.
· Provide data, case studies, and success stories to enrich both for internal and external use reports.
· Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits.
· Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection.
· Ensure the linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and clinic services in coordination with Community Health Program Coordinator
· Maintain program’s files.
A. Follow-up and set the work plan with the Health Care Coordinator and other Officers, to ensure that the tasks are conducted on time.
B. Conduct regular meetings with the team to review the progress of the listed Field Coordinators tasks, and set a work plan based the program’s activities.
C. Coordinate with the program’s team to discuss planned activities
D. Attend Health Cluster, Technical Working Group and other meeting when the Health Care Coordinator when requested to.
E. follow the actions of the Health Care Program Officer and report to Health Care Coordinator for any notes.
The Health Care Officer, at the end of each week and at the end of each month, will email and provide the Health Care Coordinator with updates about the program’s activities.
Qualifications & Skills:
· A bachelor’s or a Master degree in medicine and/or Public Health, is required.
· 3+ years of relevant work experience.
· Work experience in Maternal and Child Health Program including essential and comprehensive services such as IMCI, NCD, Reproductive Health, and Health & Nutrition programs is preferable.
· Ability to train staff on Maternal and Child technical issues.
· Previous experience working for an international NGO.
· Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
· Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. The ability to write reports in English is required.