Program Assistant (Syrian or Turkish Nationals Only)
The Idarah Program is funded by multiple international donors and is implemented by an international organization who’s objective is to support and strengthen the operations and capacity building of Education Directorates.
Idarah seeks to engage up to two (2) program assistants to help administrate education activities. Program assistants will be based in Turkey. The program assistant (PA) will be responsible for preparing and filing subaward documentation and will conduct weekly social media checks. The PA(s) will report to program officers and will work closely with the program’s Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Operations and Program Manager. Program assistant(s) will report directly to Program Officer(s).
The program assistant performs the following tasks in Turkey:
- Support program officers with maintaining complete and accurate subaward files (hard and soft copy) using the subawards file checklist.
- Print, organize, translate, and prepare subaward payment documentation for review by program officers.
- Conduct weekly social media checks for relevant subaward and save and print screen shots for subaward files.
- Review and reconcile subaward documentation with internal reports and finance files.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by program officers to ensure the overall effective implementation of program activities.
- High school diploma required. University degree preferred.
- At least one year of relevant experience working in administration.
- Strong organizational, management and administrative skills, preferably with respect to filing and documentation.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message.
- Experience working with international organizations preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and proficient written and spoken English required.
This full-time position is available immediately and is expected to last until the program end date, anticipated to be January 31, 2018. Compensation will be negotiated with the company and will be based on the employee’s demonstrated salary history, professional experience, education and training, and market factors.
If you are interested in the Program Officer opportunity, please fill out the form found HERE:https://form.jotform.com/idarah/PA and attach your CV at the bottom of the form. Where it says “Update your CV” click the “choose file” button to upload your CV. Hit the “Submit” button to submit both the CV and Informational form. Please include “Program Assistant” in the subject line of your application. The deadline for applications is May 29, 2017. Only finalists will be contacted.