About the IAS:
Founded in 1988, the International AIDS Society (IAS) is the world's largest association of HIV professionals, with members from more than 180 countries. IAS members work on all fronts of the global response to AIDS, and include researchers, clinicians, policy and programme planners and public health and community practitioners on the frontlines of the epidemic.
The IAS organizes the world’s two most prestigious HIV conferences, each convened biennially in alternating years. The International AIDS Conference is the largest conference on any global health or development issue, and provides a unique forum for the intersection of science and advocacy. The IAS Conference on HIV Science brings together a broad cross section of HIV professionals and features the latest HIV science, with a focus on implementation – moving scientific advances into practice.
In addition, the IAS advocates for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource-limited settings; preventing and treating HIV-related co-infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations at higher risk for HIV – such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender individuals – including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Digital Producer position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the Senior Manager, Communications. The position is full-time and open-ended to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent is responsible for developing implementing digital strategy and content for the IAS and its campaigns; this requires managing the digital properties of IAS, including drafting social media content daily, writing email and web content, and managing all analytics and reporting.
We’re looking for a savvy digital communicator who is comfortable testing new boundaries in the digital world and simultaneously takes great pride in serving as the primary gatekeeper of IAS content before it is published.
- Manage the daily presence and content creation on all social media channels;
- Lead web content development, including writing and editing web and email messaging;
- Work with the communications team to maintain the IAS and conference editorial calendar;
- Manage all email lists and contact databases of IAS’ audiences;
- Closely fact check and carefully copy edit all written materials;
- Proactive grassroots outreach online (blogs, community networking sites, listservs);
- Work with the IAS communications team and programme staff to ensure content sharing and synergy across channels;
- Maintain branding and messaging consistency on and offline;
- Monitor, analyze, and report on digital metrics to enhance traffic and supporter participation;
- Closely monitor news and advocacy discussions relevant for the IAS;
- Make recommendations for online communications tools and explore and implement creative online strategies;
- Project manage deliverables within the communications team and across departments;
- Develop and implement digital campaigns for IAS that support and drive IAS membership and conferences;
- Develop social media strategies including any budget costs that complement the overall communications strategies for the conferences;
- Manage on-site and live digital presence for high-level and international conferences;
- Set up social media accounts in line with the strategy and maintaining daily activity;
- Develop digital toolkits for partners and external parties around major events, campaigns and conferences;
- Speak with external partners about plans and ideas for collaboration around digital activities.
- A university degree in communications, digital marketing, or other relevant discipline or comparable years of experience in the field.
- Demonstrated professional experience (average 3-7 years) managing digital properties for an organization with a proven ability to develop a variety of digital content for multiple platforms;
- Experience maintaining and managing multiple social media accounts for an organization in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy.
- A firm understanding of the HIV/AIDS and/or the global health landscape is a strong plus;
- Ability to fact check and carefully edit all content as the final reviewer before content is published;
- A strong understanding of industry trends, including SEO, email marketing,
- Well organized, ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and adherence to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills;
- Stress tolerance and resilience, ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities;
- Multi-cultural experience, general knowledge of HIV/AIDS and global issues;
- Proficiency in CRM & CMS;
- Proficiency in the use of social media monitoring and analytics tools;
- Native English or full professional proficiency is a requirement;
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to email@example.com. The applications will be selected on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit will be considered.
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work. People living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.