Chief of Party, Rwandan Health Service Delivery Activity
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:Chief of Party, Rwandan Health Service Delivery Activity (RSDA).
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated project in Rwanda, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services (RMNCH) and malaria control and prevention activities. The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project, ensuring achievement of project deliverables. The COP will be the primary liaison with the funder and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Kigali and will report to the FHI 360 East Africa Regional Director. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of health service delivery and demand generation strategies to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and strengthen malaria prevention and control
- Responsible for the overall planning implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Oversee team of senior technical and program management project staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members
- Serve as the primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, Government of Rwanda partners, and other key stakeholders
- Oversee/manage partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained
- Lead the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international fora to share experiences and emerging best practices
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID
- Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent - knowledge/information services, communications, education, environment, health, behavioral, life/social sciences international development, human development or related field
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years with project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language
- Experience operating in insecure environments
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.