DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO PROGRAM COORDINATOR CONSULTANT
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a US-based, international non-governmental organization whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need - specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five - gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. To fulfill this mission, we provide annual grants of vitamin A supplements, deworming medication and multivitamins to NGOs that work with children 6-59 months old and/or pregnant and lactating women.
Role or Purpose of Position
VA seeks a dedicated entry or mid-level professional to join Vitamin Angels as part-time Democratic Republic of Congo-based Program Coordinator Consultant to support continued expansion of VA’s micronutrient distribution system in DRC. VA’s donations in DRC have grown rapidly and VA currently makes grants to about 60 DRC organizations reaching over 4 million children under 5. Under direction of the Democratic Republic of Congo Country Program Manager Consultant, the Program Coordinator Consultant will contribute to VA’s continued growth and success in DRC by assuming responsibility for administration and coordination of VA’s micronutrient grants program. Based on their performance the consultant may have the opportunity take on more consultancy days per week in the future.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Supporting new grantee identification and outreach efforts;
- Maintaining regular, consistent interactions with grantees, counterpart organizations, and/or other stakeholders;
- Providing logistical support to ensure grant shipments reach grantees;
- Maintaining administrative records of all micronutrient grants;
- Providing logistical support in the planning and execution of vitamin A supplementation training workshops;
- Providing basic technical assistance and support services to grantees and counterpart organizations; and
- Providing logistical support in the planning and execution of marketing activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be fluent in English and French,
- B.A./B.Sc degree from an accredited four year university with a relevant area of discipline;Current DRC citizen based in the Kinshasa area, willing to work from a home office or shared office space and has reliable phone and internet connectivity at home;
Prior experience performing administrative duties, and managing logistics;
High computer literacy, including extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and ability to input data to an online database after training;
Willing and able to travel domestically and possibly internationally;
Must own personal computer or be ready to purchase their own computer for job
- Superior written and oral communications skills in English and French, and
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Undergraduate degree in public health, nursing medicine, computer science;
· Experience working with a variety of NGOs in the health sector;
· Experience facilitating group workshops or trainings;
· Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, including management, public health, administration, nursing and
· Experience working and/or volunteering with an NGO/community based organization.
please email your professional resume and cover letter to Austen Musso at email@example.com