About the role: This is a 12 month, new role with unaccompanied terms based in Addis Ababa with significant time in field support with a salary of Grade 4 €35,981 - € €43,976.
You will report to the Programme Director and will work closely with the Programmes Director, Health & Nutrition Coordinator, Emergency Nutritionists, Area Coordinators, Ministry of Health, Nutrition Cluster lead.
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
The Nutrition Advisor is responsible for providing strategic support to nutrition programming for Concern in Ethiopia. This support includes supporting quality control and innovation in nutrition programming, leading on new business development in the nutrition sector, working with the senior nutrition team in designing nutrition programmes for emergency, refugee and development contexts. Concern has consistently lead in developing new and innovative approaches to improving nutrition amongst the poorest and most vulnerable communities in Ethiopia. This includes developing the CMAM approach, programming initiatives to integrating nutrition across various sectors and innovative response to emergency crises. The Nutrition Advisor will work with the country team in developing and rolling out a new phase of innovation including the CMAM SURGE approach. The Nutrition Advisor will also have specific responsibility to develop programming aimed at reducing chronic high levels of malnutrition amongst refugee communities.
You will be responsible for:
Innovation and Programme Design
- Identifying key areas of interest for Concern nutrition programming in Ethiopia and working with internal and external stakeholders on related programme design.
- Liaise with Concern technical Advisors at headquarters level in ensuring best practice from Concern global nutrition and resilience programme in brought to bear on nutrition programme development in Ethiopia with a specific reference to the Gambella context.
- Lead on nutrition related research, in conjunction with the Programmes Director, including developing ToRs, supervising the consultants, leading the team in field assessments, supporting evaluations etc.
- Prepare briefs and share learning from Concern nutrition programming in Ethiopia across Concern global nutrition programme and with relevant stakeholders in Ethiopia.
- Lead on developing strategies for implementation of Concern nutrition related programming in Ethiopia.
- Provide technical advice and operational support to ensure nutrition programming incorporates best practice in addressing chronic and acute malnutrition.
- Providing guidance and support in integrating nutrition across programming.
- Contribute to a theory of change for improved food security and nutrition outcomes in including clearly articulating the contribution of Concern’s nutrition work in Ethiopia and particularly Gambella and identifying areas that require further studies or research.
- Support the nutrition team in the development of technical components for nutrition programming
- Advise the area teams on programme planning for nutrition components and contribute to annual Detailed Implementation Plans
- Develop monitoring tools for assessing outcome and impact of various components of Concern nutrition work, analysing monitoring data and advising on corrective action if required.
New Business Development
- Support the Country Management team by identifying opportunities for new business development in the Nutrition sector in Ethiopia.
- Engaging with key external stakeholders in identifying areas of collaboration for nutrition programming.
- Lead on proposal development for nutrition related opportunities
Capacity Building of Nutrition Staff
- Support Nutrition managers to develop their teams through providing training, coaching and mentoring as required.
- Providing mentoring and support to nutrition technical staff.
- Support the team in preparing for nutrition related proposals and reports and in responding to technical queries.
Nutrition Coordination and Technical Representation
- Liaise with key Ethiopia nutrition stakeholders at national level ensuring that Concern programme experience contributes to analysis and policy development.
- Participate in nutrition sector meetings and represent Concern at Nutrition related meetings/events.
- Participate in Concern’s Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) work assisting the team articulate Concern’s particular contribute to SUN in Ethiopia.
- Lead on technical nutrition liaison, coordination and lesson sharing with other agencies implementing nutrition related work in Ethiopia.
Your skills and experience will include:
· Masters’ degree in Nutrition.
· 10 years experience in nutrition field with minimum 5 years working internationally in technical and management in the nutrition sector;
· Significant experience in Nutrition programme design and a succesful track record in proposal development and resource mobilisation.
· Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM) for nutrition programmes
· Experience in implementing nutrition interventions in development and emergency contexts.
· Clear presenter with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in nutrition related research including design, implementation and management of external learning partners;
- Experience in multi-tasking, networking and coordination
Strong track record in providing technical guidance for implementing nutrition across sectors. Experience in capacity building capacity of diverse teams.
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
To apply, please click on this link: https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/international/vacancy/195/Relief%20Web/detail