IMPACT Initiatives is humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT counts on more than 100 staff based in Geneva and in more than 20 other countries worldwide. For more information visit: www.impact-initiatives.org
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer to support the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
Title: Finance Officer
Duration: Open-ended contract
Start date: ASAP
Location: Geneva - International Environment House
The Finance Officer works under the direct supervision and management of the Chief Finance and Administration Manager.
· Manage the bookkeeping and the accounting operations for Impact Geneva;
· Ensure compliance with accounting principles, regulatory requirements and obligations vis-à-vis suppliers, staff, government (Swiss, other countries) entities and donors;
· Deal with the accounting of Impact operations in countries (22);
· Deal with the consolidation and closure of the accounts of IMPACT;
· Prepare for external audits.
B) Treasury, financial management
· Planning of cash flows and ensure the availability of funds needed for payment of staff salary; subcontractors, field operations and other running costs;
· Participate in relationships with banks;
· Follow up with donors and partners on project installments requests;
· Follow up on installments received;
· Process the monthly payments in the online banking platform.
C) Financial control
· Regular follow up and update of project budgets, including;
· Budgetary consolidation, verification and follow up by project;
· Follow up and control of cost allocation;
· Follow up with relevant finance focal points (IMPACT or partner’s) in countries of intervention.
Master in Finance or graduation in relevant field;
At least 1 year experience in financial audit or financial management;
French spoken and written fluently with very good knowledge of English;
Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
Organized person, with attention to detail and rigor;
Interest in the humanitarian field;
Proficient MS Office;
Application documents: Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (in French or English)
Submit applications to: email@example.com
Please indicate the reference in the subject line of your email.