Starting date: as soon as possible
What we offer: A full time contract with competitive salary package will be negotiated based on level of experience. There will be a 3-month probationary period.
Ground Truth Solutions is looking for a finance officer to work as an integral member of the core team in Vienna as we scale up our activities. The finance officer will have responsibilities for budgeting and financial reporting to Ground Truth Solutions’ core clients, financial controlling and annual reporting, including day-to-day financial management. A successful candidate should feel comfortable setting up and enhancing financial systems. Ground Truth Solutions works with a variety of humanitarian agencies, including local and international NGOs as well as UN agencies and the Red Cross / Crescent Movement, to help them systematically include the views of affected people in the design and implementation of their programmes.
- Manage the funds and financial assets of Ground Truth Solutions
- Help design and implement a new budget tracking system for restricted income and project-specific grants
- Administer Ground Truth Solutions’ bank and financial accounts using appropriate software; implement accounts receivable and payable tracking system (e.g. through Xero)
- Reconcile bank accounts, expense floats and credit cards with records and project budgets
- Process salary payments and liaise with our tax accountants
- Prepare for annual audit and report to meet Austrian and international reporting requirements
- Help in budget preparation and proposals for grants and projects
- Prepare financial models and templates across the Ground Truth Solutions team
- Prepare monthly management accounts for all major projects and advise programme managers on financial management
- Support financial reporting on all grants and projects, including for large public donors such as the European Commission and UK Department for International Development
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business administrations, economics or management with relevant specialization (e.g. accounting and controlling) or similar academic background
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in the field(s) of controlling, accounting or financial/payroll/tax advisory
- Familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and österreichische Rechnungslegungsvorschriften
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of German an advantage. Other languages also beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) is required, as well as knowledge of accounting and controlling tools (XERO, Aqilla, etc.) and affinity to software solutions.
You can download the full job description here.
To submit an application (CV and short cover letter) please send to email@example.com.