Market Assessment in Asia
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is an international non-governmental organization today working in 60 countries. Our volunteers provide assistance to populations affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, based on need, irrespective of religion, gender or political affiliation.
The Supply Unit of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels) covers the entire supply chain management at international and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium.
As part of it the Purchasing Department of the Supply Unit is responsible for the international purchases of its supply center, MSF Supply, based in Brussels, but also for field local purchases and headquarters purchases, looking after a total of around 100 Million EUR of purchase budget. Our aim is to improve the efficiency of OCB purchases with optimization and expertise support, through a comprehensive purchasing approach on all these areas.
We are looking for an experienced Purchaser to conduct a market assessment in Asia aiming at being better prepared to rapidly and efficiently respond to MSF needs for emergencies in this part of the world.
This assignment will be conducted in project mode under the supervision of the Purchasing Director as project manager.
The main objectives of this assignment are:
To develop a supplier mapping and assessment for a list of products and services used in emergency contexts
To implement a system to record, keep updated and make available this information to the Emergency Operations.
This assignment will require extensive travelling to Asia (2/3 of the total assignment duration).
· Masters level or equivalent. Purchasing specialization would be welcome
· A minimum of 3 years in a purchasing function, including experience conducting market assessment, negotiation, implementing supply contracts ; experience with assets and logistic equipment is a plus
· Purchasing experience in Asia and/or an NGO experience would be a strong added value
· Good command of excel is a must
· Experience in project management and ability to work in trans-functional teams are required
· Fluency in French and English is required
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomous
· Proven diplomatic and listening skills
· 6 months term contract, full time (with possible extension)
· Starting date : End of May 2017
· Salary according to the relevant experience
· Ready to travel up to 2/3 of the time period
· Work place (when not travelling): MSF Supply at Neder-over-Heembeek (North of Brussels)