Social Media Officer (m/f)
FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. We are currently looking for a Social Media Officer (m/f) to join our team.
20 April 2017
Mission Statement / Objectives of the Function:
The Social Media Officer will be responsible for producing engaging social media content aimed at increasing the visibility of the organization’s efforts towards global sustainable forestry management and interacting its audience. Working under the supervision of the Media Programme Manager, she/he will adhere to the organization’s guidelines for external communications.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Social Media engagement:
o To identify and engage with thought leaders on issues pertaining to responsible forestry and environment.
o To produce creative copy and visual content for the different platforms used under the guidance of the social media plan.
o To monitor conversations and communicate with audiences on a timely basis.
o To curate content and publish through FSC’s social media platforms.
· To work with the communications team and global network communicators, develop and implement social media campaigns targeted at consumers and technical audiences.
· To ensure social media strategy ties in with issues management and traditional media engagement strategies.
· To monitor social media for possible reputational issues and develop a strategy to react accordingly.
· Additional Tasks as agreed with the Media Programme Manager.
Execution of Discretionary Power:
The position does not include any signing authority.
Functional Attribution to Organizational Unit:
· Formal and functional reporting: the Social Media Officer reports to the Media Programme Manager.
· Formal and functional supervision of staff: the Social Media Officer supervises no staff.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
· Education and Training: University degree in a relevant field (e.g. journalism, media, communications).
· Working Experience, Style and Skills:
o At least 5 years of professional experience in working with social media.
o At least 2 years of professional experience in developing social media campaigns.
o Basic experience working on social media reputational issues strategies.
o Solution and service oriented attitude to work.
o A strong sense of diligence and accuracy.
o Analytical and problem solving skills.
o Proven ability to plan and organize work.
o Audience driven.
o Mother-tongue fluency in English (spoken and written).
o Spanish is a plus.
· Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with: Standard software packages (MS Office).
· Communication Skills:
o Exceptional copywriting skills, including the ability to shape precise social media messages for intended audiences.
o Knowledge of content optimization.
o Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team.
o Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
o Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC programme by stakeholders around the world.
o Basic understanding of the scope of FSC’s programmes and activities.
o Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
o Ability to represent FSC through their work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
Terms and Conditions:
· Location: Bonn, Germany.
· Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
· Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible).
· Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Please send your motivation letter (including your net salary expectation) and your CV in English as email attachments to Recruitment_2017_16@fsc.org.
Please do not send any photos and make sure to insert ‘Social Media Officer (m/f) 2017’ in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 21 May 2017.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at Recruitment_2017_16@fsc.org.
We are looking forward to your application!