WCA Countries General Call - PDQ Directors
Save the Children international is the world's leading independent organization for children working to deliver change for children in around 120 countries around the world.
We are operating in 9 countries in West & Central Africa (Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia and DRC) with a $ 524 M portfolio and a significant growth over years.
With programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection of Child Rights and our actions in humanitarian crisis context, Save the Children in West & Central Africa touched more than 15 millions of children.
SAVE THE CHILDREN GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY A ROLE IN CHILDREN'S LIFE.
In order to achieve "our 2030 ambitions for children" in West & Central Africa, we ARE LOOKING FOR HIGH CALIBRE CANDIDATES:
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Program Development and Quality shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country program. The Director of Program Development and Quality is responsible for overseeing the development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children and monitoring the quality of the implementation of those programs. Provide technical assistance and appropriate monitoring and evaluation in emergency responses.
- Take a lead role in developing program proposals, strategies and annual plans ensuring coordination of all technical input to country strategy, proposals and reports
- Leadership of the Country Programme
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
- Ensure that the Country Office has a first class, multi-sectoral program reflecting all priority technical and sector aspects of the Save the Children global strategy
- Support the Director of Operations in the implementation and monitoring of all longer term technical goals, objectives and policies
- Maintain a robust M&E system to measure achievement and progress toward program goals and results
Lead the development of an advocacy strategy for the Country Office. Support technical advisors to articulate their top priority advocacy objectives in line with the Country Strategy
DESIRED COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Takes responsibility for decision-making and efficient resource management, and holds team and partners accountable for delivery of their responsibilities by delegating effectively, affording staff professional autonomy, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
Creates a managerial environment across the Country Programme to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development, and encourages team to do the same;
- Engages and motivates others by widely sharing their personal vision for Save the Children;
Future orientated, strategic and global thinker.
Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
- Values diversity as a source of competitive strength;
Approachable, diplomatic, and supportive, with well-developed listening skills.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions both on a personal level and by building and leading teams willing to take disciplined risks.
Honesty, openness, and transparency;
A strong commitment to Save the Children's vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation.
10+ years of experience with a good understanding of West & Central African countries environment.
Bilingual (English & French)
Please in your cover letter indicate your availability and any country preferences you may have.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.firstname.lastname@example.org'