Supply Chain Officer (National Position)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
Syria Relief and Development (SRD Foundation) is a nonprofit humanitarian organization working to alleviate the suffering of Syrians in need. Its Mission is to provide crisis humanitarian relief and plant the seeds of sustainable development for the people of Syria. Its Vision is to maintain humanitarian relief and mobilize resources to develop a comprehensive agenda for sustainable development in Syria.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
SRD Foundation - Jordan is seeking a Supply Chain Officer to oversee the sourcing and management of all supplies, services and equipment in SRD ’s Jordan office. This includes developing and managing innovative supply chain processes with the use of IT tools, managing staff, and liaising with program teams to ensure program needs are met and with finance and grants teams to ensure donor and organizational compliance.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all products and services provided to SRD are done in line with quality, professional and time-efficient standards.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with suppliers relevant to SRD ’s supply needs.
- Establish framework agreements for regular suppliers
- Ensure that all procurement is within budget and undertaken in line with donor and organization’s regulations
- Implement all relevant logistics procedures in compliance with donor requirements, and sectors’ standards and policies.
- Ensure that all SRD facilities and premises in Jordan is maintained in good conditions for the team in compliance with health, safety and security measures.
- Communicate actively with other department members, especially with Programs Department, to understand their needs and provide appropriate and timely support to the team.
Stock Management and Inventory:
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate stock level considering proper estimation of consumption, buffer stock and lead time with avoid any shortage of supply.
- Ensure proper storage, packing and stock management (monitoring daily consumption and updating stock cards)
- Ensure all movements are coordinated with Programs and Operations Senior Manager.
- Evaluate fleet capacity and programs needs and made modifications when needed.
Human Resources in Supply Chain
- Supervise the smooth running of the department and that reporting and communication lines are respected.
- Develop the capacity of the logistics team.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Languages: English and Arabic essential.
- IT: proficiency of Excel, Microsoft Office.
- Personal skills: Highly organized, comfortable with mathematics, sound communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Previous working experience in the NGO is a plus.
- University degree
To apply to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email Subject Line: Supply Chain Officer Application