Re-advertised - Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager - Turkey
Rights Respected People Protected
Since its establishment in January 2016, NRC Turkey has been gradually developing a multi-faceted programme aimed at addressing the immediate and medium to longer-term needs of Syrian and other refugees as well vulnerable Turkish host families where appropriate.
During 2016, NRC’s programming ranged from the distribution of NFIs and multi-purpose cash in response to emergency needs to the provision of technical and vocational training in support of the restoration of livelihoods. In addition, NRC’s education activities provided direct support to refugee children engaged in non-formal education in south-eastern Turkey, while enhancing quality through teacher training.
Towards the end of the year, NRC Turkey consolidated its programming under 3 main pillars which will continue to form the basis for NRC’s programmes into 2017: Non-formal education, offering a pathway into the Turkish formal education system; protection, primarily though the provision of Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) services; and promoting livelihoods through life/vocational skills training for vulnerable refugee and host community youth.
As the main INGO providing assistance in Ankara, NRC plays an active role in the NGO community in Turkey, participating in all relevant interagency coordination mechanisms and contributing towards joint initiatives such as the development of a common curriculum for non-formal education. In addition, during 2016 NRC Turkey closely collaborated and developed strong relationships with various relevant Turkish authorities and institutions, including the Ministry of National Education, Employment agency Işkur, the Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation, Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD).
Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager
The Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and further development of the NRC ICLA programme in Turkey.
Role Specific Information
· Line management of project staff
· Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
· Contribute to the development of country and programmatic strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
· Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
· Provide technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
· Explore and assess innovative ways of assisting targeted beneficiaries
· Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across core competencies
· Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
· Liaise and collaborate with relevant authorities and other key stakeholders
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with NRC’s country advocacy strategy
· Kick start NRC ICLA programme in line with existing ICLA strategy and current ICLA portfolio
· Develop partnership with relevant stakeholders
· Design and develop program approaches and activities that can be piloted and expanded to other project areas
· Build capacity of ICLA teams to operationalize quality, timely and comprehensive ICLA programming
· Work with other project managers to identify holistic programme opportunities and ensure integrated NRC programming in Turkey.
· Pursue additional funding opportunities to further expand NRC Education programming
· Represent NRC Turkey in coordination bodies related to the implementation of protection programming, specifically developing positive working relationships with relevant government representatives, UN agencies and National and International NGOs
Our Ideal Candidate:
A university graduate (Law) with a minimum of 3 years experience from a senior level project implementation in a humanitarian / recovery and complex displacement situations context, in line with the position’s responsibilities. Technical legal aid / protection expertise. A visionary who offers context-specific solutions and who can engage and forge constructive partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders at all level. An astute leader who has the ability to work under pressure as well as inspire and motivate others in the team. Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal are important to this role. A knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish would be an advantage.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Knowledge of the context in Turkey and/or of the response to the Syria crisis an advantage
· Knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic an advantage
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong management and leadership skills, proven record of managing and capacity building teams
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened on a rolling basis
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaziantep (or Ankara) with 30% travel -mostly in country
Approved health certificate will be requested prior to contract starting
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location on your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs