Senior Manager, Programmes and Advocacy - APCOM Foundation - Bangkok based
Position Title: Senior Manager, Programmes, and Advocacy
Unit title: Programmes and Advocacy Unit
Reports to: Deputy Director
Location: APCOM Secretariat, Bangkok, Thailand
Supervises: ~ 8 staff (5-6 direct reports)
Founded in 2007, APCOM is a coalition of members – governments, UN partners, non-profits and community-based organizations – from Asia and the Pacific. We represent a diverse range of interests working together to advocate on, highlight and prioritize HIV issues that affect the lives of gay men, men who have sex with men (MSM) and persons with diverse sexual and gender expressions, including their rights, health, and wellbeing.
APCOM is registered as a Foundation in Thailand and has its Secretariat based in Bangkok which carries out the work of APCOM as per our current 2014-2019 Strategic Plan. The plan has four distinct strategic results areas:
Advocacy for sexual health services for our communities, aimed at engaging health policy makers, program planned and services to scale up their service delivery.
Advocacy for an enabling environment for sexual health and support services aimed at pushing national governments and policy makers to establish MSM and transgender friendly legal environments, to ensure that health services are accessible.
Gathering, generating and sharing strategic information for advocacy, to ensure community and development partners have access to relevant information to generate evidence-based work.
Building a cadre of advocates at all levels, to ensure there is support for current community advocates and to support the development of new emerging leaders.
APCOM is currently looking to hire a Senior Manager to initiate, develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate the programs and projects of the organization, leading to the achievement of the strategic goals of the organization and the programs and projects themselves as agreed with the donors.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of APCOM’s Executive Management, the Senior Programme Manager will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge and strategic programs and projects in line with APCOM’s strategy. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for ensuring successful and timely implementation of APCOM’s programs and projects and achievement of the organization’s programmatic strategic objectives and goals. The Senior Manager leads the unit’s team of about 8 professionals and will provide program and operational management skills and support to the team and colleagues if needed. The position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand, but will require regular and frequent travel to other countries in Asia and the Pacific as deemed necessary for the role and execution of APCOM’s programs and projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Initiate and develop APCOM’s program and advocacy priorities and strategies, identifying advocacy opportunities, and undertaking lobbying and advocacy directed at influencing governments, intergovernmental organizations, health and HIV policy makers, health sector influencers and key decision makers and a wide range of other stakeholders.
· Responsible for overseeing day to day program management and operations to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainable results across APCOM’s programs and projects.
· Ensure adherence to timelines including deliverables, reporting, and activities.
· Monitor activities per work and implementation plan of the programs and projects.
· Monitor and guard program and project budgets and provide guidance to finance and administrative staff on contractual issues.
· Ensure programs and projects are implemented with the highest possible quality standards.
· Identify and address programmatic bottlenecks in collaboration with partners.
· Identify and initiate possibilities and opportunities for programmatic partnerships and leverage.
· Provide strategic advice, technical assistance and networking support to APCOM’s partners.
· Initiate research and analysis, and support preparation of reports and publications, in relation to matters relevant to HIV and human rights for MSM, gay men and other people with different sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions in Asia and the Pacific.
· Act as a spokesperson for APCOM where appropriate and in close coordination with the Executive Management and the Senior Manager, Communications, and Partnerships, including the preparation of statements and representing APCOM on panels and at events.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key partners including, but not limited to, CBOs, NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organizations, donors, and funders.
· Work closely with international, regional, national and local community organizations and activists through formal and informal coalitions.
· Monitor key developments in relation to HIV, sexual health and human rights for MSM, gay men and other people with different sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions, and preparing and publishing timely commentaries on such developments.
· Assist in the preparation and submission of funding proposals and preparing and reporting against project and programme-based budgets.
· Assist with the planning, preparation, and implementation of APCOM’s events and representation in regional and international conferences.
· Liaison with donors and partners including Multilateral and bilateral agencies, academic institutions, CSOs, UN organizations, private foundations and the corporate sector and consultants.
· Supervise and manage APCOM’s program and advocacy team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Strong experience in design, implementation, and management of HIV/SRHR/Human Rights and/or international development programs including advocacy, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
· Proven skills in strategic results-based program planning, development, and management.
· Proven skills in leadership, capacity strengthening, networking and presenting.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding sexual health and HIV issues among MSM, gay men and other key populations in Asia and the Pacific.
· Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
· Experience of working with civil society/community organizations to plan and implement HIV and/or health-related programs and projects.
· Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
· Experience in servicing a diverse range of donors including the Global Fund, UN agencies, private foundations, USAID, SIDA, DFAT etc.
· Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
· Ability to travel within the region and internationally, if required.
· Masters level degree in Public Health, International Development or Management or related field or equivalent.
· A least 10 years of technical and programme management experience including supervision experience.
· At least 8 years demonstrated experience in HIV prevention, care, and treatment programming, including 5 years or more working with key populations, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
· Strong understanding of key issues related to the health and human rights of MSM, gay men and other people with different sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions in Asia and the Pacific.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
APCOM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates, including persons living with HIV and persons of diverse SOGIE, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills, and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team, please prepare your application, by addressing each point listed in the Qualifications and Skill Requirements in the above position description/brief. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for this position in their application will not be invited to attend an interview.
Please attach this application along with your CV, a 2 page covering letter (please see guidance for covering letter) and proposed monthly rate in USD and submit this to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later 17:00 GMT+7 on 3rd April 2017. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and interviews will be completed by the 14thApril 2017.
For more questions about this role, please send your queries to the Deputy Director, Ryan Figueiredo – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Guidance for cover letter:
Please ensure you answer the following in your cover letter (not more than 2000 words):
1) State your motivation for applying for this position with APCOM.
2) Your personal goals and professional vision with respect to the advertised role.
3) Explain why you think you are the best person for this job (cover experience, personal qualities and what your peers say about you).
4) Your key professional achievements, areas of improvements and lessons learned.
5) Your current salary (including fixed and variable components and other benefits).
6) Notice period and possible joining date.