Country Partnership Coordinator
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who has the skills to engage in our organization as a Country Partnership Coordinator. The position reports to the Deputy Head of Programme.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. More than 200.000 Syrian refugees have received assitance from the Danish Refugee Council since the beginning of the crisis.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.
The Partnership Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of DRC partnerships. He/she will work with DRC’s management and partnership focal points to ensure smooth flow of information as well as high quality of work of the DRC programme with partners.
1- Partner identification and selection :
• Identify potential partners and initiate contact.
• Lead on conducting introductory meetings with potential partners to introduce them to DRC’s programs and work.
• Conduct partner assessment with support from designated partner focal points in different DRC support departments.
2- Partner management:
• Lead on partner contracting in close collaboration with finance and grants focal points.
• Lead on partner relation management including conducting regular partner meetings and facilitating and addressing partner related disputes as they arise.
• Maintain and ensure proper filing of partner related documents and coordinate with Finance on partner agreements filing and maintenance.
3- Partnerships Strategy
• Insure partnership are established and managed in line with DRC’s partnership strategy and in compliance with CHS standards.
• Insure strategy is up to date and caught up on trends and innovation in partnership practices.
4- Capacity building:
• Update, develop and roll out both partner and DRC partnership staff’s capacity building modules and tools to respond to developing capacity building needs.
• Leading partner capacity building plan setting in close collaboration with Area Deputy Program Managers and capacity building officers in the field offices.
• Identify potential strategic partners and engage in strategic partnership discussions in close collaboration with Head of Program and Deputy Head of Program.
• Support in management of DRC’s partnership initiatives with the GoL.
• Any other partnership related task as instructed by the line manager.
• A Bachelor degree in social sciences, community or international development, public health, social work or similar.
• Good IT skills – particularly with Microsoft Office
• A minimum of five years of experience in humanitarian and/or development work, with at least three years in partnership management.
• At least three year of experience in either a management or coordination role and good knowledge of programme cycle management - design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
• Training and capacity development experience.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Good contextual knowledge of Lebanon – including national/local issues, community priorities, social and cultural realities/constraints, and organizational relationships.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
An interesting job in one of the best NGO’s in the world. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 1 year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from February 2017 and be willing and able to work at and cover our field locations.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level E+ for national staff, 3502 USD per month.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. Also if we find candidate before the deadline we remain the right to close the position prior to set deadline.
Applications close on the 28 February 2017. The interviews are expected to take place in the upcoming 2 weeks.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to any DRC staff will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo