Director of Finance
Duration : Permanent
Start date : ASAP
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
providing leadership, direction, strategy, vision and financial integrity for Action Against Hunger-USA programs and projects throughout the world. The Director of Finance reports to the CEO and oversees all key finance staff to ensure sound financial practices and collaborates with operations, human resource, development and communications departments to further the agency’s goals and the department goals. S/He is a member of the Senior Management Team, serves as a key liaison with the Board’s Finance and Audit Committees providing information as appropriate, and is expected to collaborate in an international management group with his/her counterparts within the Action Against Hunger International network.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Serving as a key strategist with the Board and executive management in managing financial and administrative growth.
- Providing strategic leadership and oversight to finance, accounting, and administration teams, ensuring that the guidance and support provided by these subunits effectively facilitate organizational growth and change while guarding against risk.
- Elaborating the financial statements and the Subsection F annexes (former A-133) and overseeing the yearly statutory audit.
- Elaborating, proposing and negotiating the NICRA with the Cognizant Federal Agency.
- Overseeing the strategic development of the Field Finance subunit, including contracts and grants administration, compliance administration, and office services, to streamline key functions, facilitating decision making, and delivering quality financial, budgetary and administrative support globally.
- Managing the organization's benefits program, including the design of proper procedures and communication to ensure employee health and safety in all offices, during travel, and while in the field.
- Ensuring domestic and foreign office financial operations are effectively managed.
- Reviewing, negotiating and approving contractual and other legal documents, including all leases and sub-leases.
- Overseeing professional services and vendor contracts.
- Leading banking, audit and foreign exchange suppliers’ relations and contracts.
- Overseeing the implementation and reviewing of financial, accounting and budgeting systems, policies and procedures.
- Managing the organization's cash flow and foreign exchange, and providing oversight of 403(B) retirement plan covering the fiduciary responsibilities of the organization.
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation and submission of filings, audits, taxes and financial reports to management, donors, and regulatory agencies for the headquarters and all field offices.
- Ensuring organization's offices are internationally established according to local laws and standards and internal policies and procedures. Nationally, in the US, following the requirement of the 38 US States
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a seasoned finance professional
- You have a Master’s degree in business, accounting or related field, CPA/MBA.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of progressive managerial experience in financial management.
- You are a champion at determining strategies to move the organization forward, setting goals, creating and implementing actions plans, and evaluating the process and results.
You’re an effective leader and great communicator
- You can positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- You set priorities and develop work schedules to monitor progress toward achieving goals.
- You communicate effectively, speaking, listening and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner, using appropriate and effective tools and techniques.
- You are able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
You have high ethical standards and are highly skilled at managing and solving problems
- You are able to assess problematic situations, identifying causes, gathering and processing relevant information, generating possible solutions, and making recommendations and/or resolving the problem.
- You have deep knowledge and understanding of ethical behavior and ethical business practices in an international organization, ensuring the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- You anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters. **
Please apply with resume and cover letter to: