Procurement & Logistics Officer - Nairobi (Re-advertised)
SCOPE OF WORK
Procurement & Logistics Officer - Nairobi (Re-advertised)**
The Somalia TIS+ Project goal is to promote good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
The Procurement & Logistics Officer is a national (CCN) position responsible for overall administration of assets and management of logistics for the projects, as well as, procurement of goods In-Kind grants and operations in accordance with requirements, policies and procedures.This position will ensure that all procurement management actions follow appropriate procedures and policy guidelines.Negotiating with suppliers/vendors, ensuring delivery schedules are met, providing daily support to the Procurement Specialist and preparing on-going reports for TIS+ management. The position will be based in Nairobi – Kenya but will have significant (75%)travel within Somalia.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Avail the materials, supplies, tools, services and equipment at the right price, right quality, right quantity, right time and source.
- Ensure Suppliers/Agencies/Sub-contractors selection made to the most qualified and cost effective vendors.
- Ensure procurements are conducted following procurement processes and compliance requirements are followed or fully implemented.
- Write, review and properly file all procurement related documentation from requisition to inventory entry, disposition and contract close out.
- Work closely with program/operations team to develop quarterly/annually procurement plans (based on grant kick-off meetings, implementation plans and work plans) to ensure timely & availability of the goods & services for program/operations activities.
- Exercise primary responsibility for procurement of services including research surveys for new suppliers/ vendors, goods & services (quality, prices, availability), following marketing trends, and produce regular reports.
- Track and evaluate vendor/subcontractor performance and improvements related to pricing, contractual terms, and/or scope of services, and prepare vendors/subcontractors performance report based on the above criteria with marks & recommendations for future procurements & award.
- Manage & update procurement & logistics designed internal control system to ensure safe guarding of TIS+ assets, preventing and detecting fraud/errors, procurement records are accurate/complete and up -to -date and well filed & stored, compliance with rules, regulations and restrictions.
- Ensure that Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotations (RFQ) are technically prepared and evaluated and made as per parameters, TIS+ regulations and procurement manual.
- Prepare all contracts (for goods and/or service procurements) to ensure quality standards are met prior to submitting for review and approval as required.
- Follow & update TIS+ management on the meetings with vendors, collect copies of contracted awarded with necessary requirements; at the end of the contract prepare the report of Sub-contractor’s performance and fill in the close out contract’s format.
- Supervise process of conducting regular vendor Pre- qualifications according to policies & time lines, and provide final update /report.
- In coordination with the Logistician, initiate the payment procedure by submitting all necessary documents to the Finance Unit; this includes the Payment Request, Invoice, Waybill, and Purchase Order; the delivery of materials and the accuracy of the invoice must be verified.
- Set up and maintain a system for centralized management of all contracts including but not limited to service contracts.
- Efficient record keeping and management reporting, products, services availability, reliability, alternatives and market locations area.
- Manage the process of grants assets transfer of title according to policies & procedures, update the Grants Non Expendable assets tracking sheet on monthly basis.
- Training for TIS+ procurement and non-procurement staff on procurement manual, related regulations, get recommendations and feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Procurement& Logistics Officer reports to the Procurement Manager.
The Procurement & Logistics Officer must be an individual with strong written and spoken English and Somali languages, experience in procurement rules, regulations and compliance, strong planning and coordination skills with good team working skills and sound judgment. In addition, the individual must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- BSc. degree in either Accounting/Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 3-4 years working experience in Procurement or similar role across areas of procurement, grants or finance in medium to large donor funded programs.
- 1 year working experience in a USAID funded program.
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult procurement & logistics problems.
- Excellent and effective communications skills in English are required; Somali language is a big advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of market and purchasing options and challenges in area of operation, as well as, local supply chain management.
- Good computer skills with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access).
- Previous experience in conflict affected areas.
- Capacity to develop budgets, negotiate contracts, and make sound decisions.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people decisions.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel significantly and extensively within Somalia.
Nairobi, Kenya with significant travel within Somalia.
LEVEL OF EFFORT:
1 year with possible extension up to three years in total.
Please submit your application and updated CV using the following link below by 25 January, 2017.