- Are you a talented communications professional looking for your next big challenge?
- Join one of the world’s leading international development firms and work across Timor-Leste
Adam Smith International is currently seeking a dynamic and energetic communications professional looking for their next big challenge. You will have the chance to lead the communications efforts for TOMAK (To’os Ba Moris Diak / Farming for Prosperity), a new AUD 25m, five-year, agricultural livelihoods program funded by the Australian Government’s aid program in Timor-Leste.
About the Role
As TOMAK’s Communications Specialist, you will support program delivery through the development and dissemination of effective and influential communications. TOMAK communications need to build a clear understanding and confidence in the program and Australia’s contribution to Timor-Leste through its delivery. The key audiences include other relevant development programs, donors, government, civil society and the broader development community as they relate to market systems development, gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and nutrition sensitive agriculture.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering the TOMAK Stakeholder Communications Plan, particularly key TOMAK communication tools;
- Developing, updating and disseminating targeted external communication products to highlight TOMAK’s core work and results;
- Providing technical advice and support to the TOMAK team in planning and developing relevant information and communication products to inform and influence key stakeholders;
- Proactively identifying media opportunities and planning and implementing media events;
- Developing effective communication networks with relevant news media channels;
- Supporting TOMAK’s behaviour change communication activities (where required); and,
- Ensuring that DFAT guidelines regarding branding, style guides and publicity are closely adhered to.
TOMAK seeks to ensure rural households in Timor-Leste live more prosperous and sustainable lives through interventions that will: build capacity for rural households and producers to confidently engage in profitable agricultural markets; and, establish a foundation of food security and good nutrition for targeted rural households. TOMAK will focus on specific livelihood zones within Timor-Leste which will require tailored approaches, drawing on partnerships and engagement with local communities. The program is managed from its Head Office in Dili, with regional offices being established to implement the program at rural levels, in order to maximise impact for households.
Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through programs supporting economic growth and government reform. As one of the world’s largest specialist international development companies, we are dedicated to the successful delivery of foreign aid programs across the world. Please refer to http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/ for further information.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic team player with:
- Tertiary qualifications in international relations, communications, journalism or a related field (post graduate qualifications highly desirable);
- At least five years’ experience in marketing, advertising, journalism, corporate communications, civil society/NGO or other types of externally facing communications roles;
- Demonstrated experience using cutting edge communication tools and technologies to engage and influence stakeholders;
- Proven experience crafting messages in various formats (articles, press releases, websites, photos, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences;
- Exceptional, proven writing and editing skills (English) and the ability to summarise and repackage technical information in clear, compelling language;
- Ability to engage with diverse audiences - target stakeholders, donors, senior government decision makers, the TOMAK team and partners;
- Ability to edit and write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters and spot the details that make a story stand out;
- Strong literacy in Microsoft packages. Knowledge of Adobe products is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in on-the-job mentoring;
- Self-motivation, creativity, excellent organisational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work proactively and independently; and,
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality principles.
The following skills and experience are also preferred:
- Experience designing and implementing behaviour change communications activities;
- Experience working in Timor-Leste or a regional developing country;
- Tetun language skills; and/or
- Experience working on Australian Aid funded projects / international development.
Duration, timing and remuneration
This is a full time, two-year fixed term position, based in Dili, Timor-Leste. The assignment is expected to commence by March/April 2017.
Remuneration will be in line with the DFAT Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework, Discipline Category B, Job Level 2 (long term).
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter at http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/join-us/associate-consultant-posit.... Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.