Head of Fundraising
Head of Fundraising
Capoeira4Refugees uses innovative programming to work with refugee communities and in particular, traumatised children and youth. We use the Brazilian art/sport of capoeira to bring psychosocial benefits such as increased self-respect and reduced levels of violence to vulnerable communities. C4R is a start-up organisation, that is now scaling. We have been recognised for our ahead of the curve work through various awards including Beyond Sport and the BMW Foundation. We have an incredible network consisting of government, INGOs, NGOs, and international sport and development connections. We are especially passionate about using technology and online communication tools to make sure that we are as transparent as possible in all aspects of our work.
Capoeira4Refugees was founded in 2007 working with street children in Syria. C4R has been active in the West Bank, Palestine, since 2011 and in Jordan since 2014. We have also launched an online platform as well as supporting/awarding social Capoeira projects and ‘fellows’ globally. For further information please see http://www.capoeira4refugees.org/
Contract duration: long term; ASAP - rolling application, no waiting, no deadline
Commitment: Minimum three days pro rata (full time contract negotiable)
Location: Amman, Jordan and/or Berlin, Germany
Reporting to: CEO
Benefits: £45,000 per annum; Consultancy contract
C4R is an exciting position of growth and is expanding. We now have a new position, Head of Fundraising (HoF) open. As a creative individual you will have the vision, and experience to support C4R grow its impact in the Middle East and beyond. The HoF will join a small vibrant team, that is incredibly diverse, international and passionate about its work. The HoF must have a proven track record of bringing in funds in the international development sector. Experience will include, working with major donors, grant making agencies (including UN, and government agencies), developing and implementing an individual giving strategy, donor stewardship and team management. You will work closely with the Senior Management Team, and the Board of trustees as other staff members as necessary. You will be responsible for leading on creating a fundraising team, delegating tasks and managing tight deadlines, as part of meeting fundraising targets. You will attend networking events in order to build relationships as a fundamental part of the role; this will many times be outside of normal working hours.
Purpose of the Position:
To spearhead C4R’s fundraising activities. To raise funds for C4R programming and meet annual budget targets. This includes bringing in major new revenue streams inclusive of unrestricted income to support C4R’s programme work.
- Meet fundraising targets
- Develop a fundraising strategy
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management on fundraising activities
- Raise revenue including unrestricted funding streams
- Manage and build a network of support based on current donors and potential donors whose aims match with those of C4R
- Work with online fundraising tools and databases and further develop them
- Build and manage the fundraising/communications team
- Liaise with various teams in the organisation to collect needed data, budgetary and narrative information
- Project manage C4R team to support with writing proposals and concept notes
- Support with other related tasks when needed
- Support with creating general communications materials in support of fundraising aims: including reaching out to individual donors and running campaigns
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- Proven experience of bringing in funds
- A minimum of three years working in the international development sector as a fundraiser
- Incredible people skills
- Ability to write and write well
- Degree level or above. Preferably in a humanities or social science subject
- Language skills: English (fluent)
- Computer Skills including comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel (for budgeting purposes) and using/managing databases
- Experience in cold-calling and research
- Experience of working in multi-cultural teams and remote management
- Proven experience of managing budgets/financial management
- Experience in establishing a team, managing staff and volunteers
- Experience with sport and development projects
- Experience in setting up implementing a marketing strategy
- Understanding of the Middle East context
- Experience in Social Media / online fundraising and implementing strategy
To Apply: Please send a covering letter explaining why you are the best fit for this role along your CV with the subject line ‘Applying for Head of Fundraising Position’:
Email your application to email@example.com.
Capoeira4Refugees will only contact short-listed candidates.
Rolling Application, we will respond to applicants as they come
*Applications that do not follow this procedure will not be considered.