Founded out of Harvard and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is a small, award-winning global technology company with an impact-focused business model that delivers open source technology to help under-served communities in over 50 countries around the world. Our team of exceptional software developers, engineers, public health and development specialists, and field staff apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global health care delivery to further public health and well-being.
Dimagi is seeking a Project Manager to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth projects in India. We are looking for a dedicated and versatile individual who is eager to work in a small, team-oriented, and impact-driven organization.
The objectives for this position are to take on overall accountability for a project, to ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and deliverables are implemented in a timely fashion. The Project Manager will also coordinate project teams and senior client relationships, as well as the scope of the intervention.
The successful candidate will drive industry-changing improvements to frontline healthcare delivery in low resource settings. The position will include some travel around India, both to larger metropolitan areas for partner meetings as well as the remote corners of the country where community workers use our products to improve rural health. You will join our team of local and international staff to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe.
Compensation will depend on level of experience and qualifications but will be competitive with local rates. We request a 2-year commitment for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies.
- Managing the coordination and implementation of mobile technology projects working with project partners, our field team, and occasionally with international team of software developers
- Coordinate and support Field Managers and other staff to leverage diverse skill sets and maximize team effectiveness and satisfaction
- In keeping with Dimagi’s culture as a flat organization, work alongside Field Managers in building applications, visiting community field sites, and training partner staff
- Drive the definition of requirements, design and development of CommCare implementations
- Manage expectations of a wide range of project stakeholders in terms of functionality, scope of the system, and support
- Coordinate with vendors both within and outside of India to ensure an end-to-end solution.
- Stay on top of the bigger picture. Prepare and maintain a detailed project plan outlining the activities, necessary steps, critical paths, resources and risks and dependencies as the project progresses
- Lead team meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, ensure quality implementation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passionate about making an impact by serving the under-served
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written. Able to drive strategic conversations with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems
- Self-motivated team player, with proven capabilities to lead a project independently
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and to excel working in a cross cultural team environment
- Strong, innovative and creative problem solver
- Flexibility in order to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management and efficient working practices
- Adaptability and interest in wearing many different hats
- Quick learner, collaborative, and client-oriented
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Analytical problem-solver
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, international development, engineering, technology, or other related fields
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Project management experience. Planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through on project-based work
- Experience managing people directly, or through a small project team when leading a project
- Communication skills necessary to work with a variety of partners and constituents at all levels of the health system.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MBA/Management Degree/Diploma or some equivalent management course
- Strong understanding of project management tool and methodologies
- Significant preference for fluency in Hindi
- Experience working on technology projects or products
- Experience working in an international team
Other Job Perks
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two staff members’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
- Trust and flexibility. We conduct extensive interviews to make sure we only hire the best. From the moment you join, you will not only take on significant responsibility, you will also be trusted to flexibly manage your hours and balance office time with working from home.
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Do you like travel? You will get significant travel experiences, if so desired, often to very off-the-beaten-path locations (where the real work happens). You will also get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
- Extensive onboarding. This includes 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability. In your first months with Dimagi, you will be trained and get to practice all the core skills of our team, including application configuration, field testing, and training, so that you are well equipped to play a leadership role in our organization.
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
To apply, fill out our online application located here.