Chief of Party - Southern Africa
The QED Group is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming USAID/Southern Africa-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Platform project. The COP will ensure the effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, by overseeing all quality control and reporting. The COP will interact professionally with Senior Mission, Embassy and Government Officials. This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
- Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management;
- Achieve program results efficiently, in a timely fashion and in compliance with USAID, US Government policies and procedures;
- Serve as the main point of contact for the contract with USAID/Southern Africa implementing partners, and other donors;
- Lead work planning, including contingency planning if necessary, and oversee the operations of the contract to achieve successful implementation of activities;
- Mentor local staff to enhance capacity and actively contribute expertise to the contract overall and provide strategic and operational direction;
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation;
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards; and
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- The Chief of Party (COP) must have at least ten years of professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by the USGAt least 5 years of experience (out of ten years) should be as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, statistics, business, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Must be able to efficiently manage a complex program, including the recruitment and supervision of long and short-term staff and consultants for work required under this contract, and to interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, officials, and other stakeholders and development actors.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, presentation, and negotiating skills;
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable;
- Familiarity with the Southern Africa region (culture, society and development context or that of other similar countries in the region);
- Should have strong leadership skills and experience in managing large interdisciplinary teams, as well as working in politically sensitive contexts.
To apply for this position please follow these steps:
Complete the online application via link https://careers-qedgroupllc.icims.com/jobs/1282/chief-of-party---souther...
Attach your resume
Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, complete/sign the form, and attach it to your application.
Submit your application, your resume, and the completed and signed Biodata. You may include a cover letter and work sample.
Please, note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D