Deputy Chief of Party, Promoting Oversight and Democratic Space
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Promoting Oversight and Democratic Space (PODS) in Bangladesh activity. PODS will seek to enhance citizens’ understanding and ability to express the principles and practice of democracy and good governance by supporting civic education programs and creating a network of active citizens with the ability to assess, analyze and promote good governance, accountability and human rights. The program will increase effective advocacy for protection of democratic space and citizens’ rights by supporting research and advocacy campaign, tools and platforms and will enhance non-partisan citizen group partnership with government and political actors for protection of democratic space. The ideal candidate will have expertise in issues related to governance and citizen groups, and will possess extensive experience in project management, preferably for US government-funded programming. The DCOP will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in program management, monitoring, reporting, developing and maintaining partnerships to meet activity objectives; providing technical expertise; and handling administrative and supervisory government responsibilities as specified by the COP. This is a full-time position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position will report to the Chief of Party. Qualified Bangladesh nationals are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the COP in the overall management of the program.
· Provide technical and managerial leadership in the areas of advocacy, governance, service delivery, citizens’ group strengthening or related fields.
· Ensure program implementation is in compliance with Counterpart’s policies/procedures, the Government of Bangladesh, and USAID rules and regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grant management.
· Ensure program quality assurance and impact assessment through regular project monitoring & evaluation, and sustained knowledge capture and sharing through periodic assessments.
· Participate in developing program reports including quarterly reports, annual results reports, pipeline and resource estimates.
· Provide mentoring and professional development support to project and technical staff, with emphasis on building capacity of national staff.
· Minimum of eight (8) years working in democracy and governance programming, including programs strengthening civil society advocacy, citizen and civil society watchdog functions, civic education, institutional capacity development, and supporting non-partisan partnerships between citizen groups and government or political actors.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as international development, political science, or public policy, studies.
· Experience working with citizens’ group strengthening.
· Understanding of Bangladesh’s current political landscape, including important actors in parliament, other government institutions, and civil society.
· Experience collaborating and coordinating activities with parliamentarians, political leaders, citizens’ groups, media actors, and the donor community, at national and sub-national levels.
· Demonstrated operational management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to give effective presentations and write high quality technical reports.
· Demonstrated record of championing social inclusion across programming.
· Previous experience supporting and/or managing complex donor-funded projects.
· Professional written and oral fluency in English.
· Experience working in post-conflict environments, preferably in Bangladesh.
· Experience working with USAID or other US government-funded programs, and their reporting mechanisms.
· Proficiency in Bengali language preferred.
Please apply online at https://rew12.ultipro.com/COU1004/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*6A675B8...
No calls or emails please.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.