Regional Operations Manager
Location: Amman, Jordan within frequent travel in the region
Reports to: Middle East Regional Director
Direct Reports: No direct; dotted line management of operations managers in all COs
ABOUT RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: As a member of the Middle East Regional Team, the Regional Operations Manager acts as an advisor to the region on all logistics matters (procurement, stock/inventory management, fleet and assets). S/he will provide virtual and in-country support to all ME Country Office operations teams supporting program delivery across all Relief International development and humanitarian programs. S/he will support effective communication and information flow among offices and GSO and will ensure compliance to all Relief International and donor operational policies and procedures.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide support and guidance to all Country Offices in the Middle East, including oversight of all logistics functions in line with RI and donor policies and regulations.
- Work with the Country Directors and in-country operations teams to improve operational systems and ensure standard operation policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide hands-on contributions to in-country personnel on all logistics matters when mobilizing and implementing new projects or closing out of awards.
- Facilitate communication and cross learning for all Middle East based operations staff.
· Review and/or approve (checking for accuracy & compliance) all high level procurement (20,000 and above and all tenders), framework agreements, leases and other large value, high risk financial commitments.
· Provide orientation to new senior operations staff, provide, as needed, refresher training to staff in all standard operations and admin procedures, FAF, Logistics processes, SOPs, forms, record keeping and to ensure future ongoing compliance. Provide training to program and other support staff on critical logistics policy & procedure.
- Assess country office fleet management standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use is achieved throughout the servicing of programs and staff; rental service agreements and contracting is done in alignment with RI procurement standards and fuel and maintenance systems are in place.
- Support warehouse teams to ensure systems and reporting are in place for the effective storage and distribution of all program stocks. Support in the trial of an inventory management system for pharmaceutical stocks.
- Support in the ongoing creation and upkeep of regional and country office asset registers; ensuring that all program and operations assets are logged, issued with unique RI asset numbers and logged.
· Provide regular review and assessment of logistics staffing structures and functions in the Country Offices with the aim to strengthen overall efficiency and accountability.
- Work with GSO Operations Coordinator, GCU and Global Assurance to address key risks and audit findings/disallowances. Maintain technical knowledge of donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the RI team; sharing information on assessments and proposed interventions, providing overview and inputs of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Work with GSO to create template for CO specific operations manuals. Ensure consistent application of all RI tools and templates, policies and procedures throughout Middle East Country Offices.
- Support in the realization of CO Emergency preparedness plans (EPP) through the establishment of framework agreements and supplier databases. Be available for immediate deployment to assist Country office Logistics teams mount rapid and effective emergency response operations - when disasters occur.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Extensive program and operations management experience in international development and humanitarian programs, experience in the Middle East essential.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to operational management systems in a large complex program.
- Previous experience of managing operations/support teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donors programs (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices.
- In depth knowledge and experience of logistics systems and requirements in a multi field office, multi program setting.
- Direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programs, in a technical or operational role, in at least 3 different contexts.
- Senior management role within a complex country program and/or in a large scale emergency response.
- Cold chain and/or pharmaceutical supply chain expertise preferred.
- Substantial training and capacity building experience.
- Cultural sensitive, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of supporting and developing programmatic staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- A degree in a relevant field either in relation to development, disaster management, management.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
Please Click to apply: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=1&...