More than 10,000 people remain isolated by floodwaters across the mid-north coast of New South Wales.
Several days of wild weather earlier this week brought flooding and storm damage across a huge area between Grafton and the Upper Hunter.
Most rivers peaked on Wednesday night but an estimated 14,000 people are still cut off.
Peter Floyd from the State Emergency Service says the situation is slowly improving for residents along the Macleay River.
But he says those living in some remote areas may remain isolated for as much as a fortnight.