- WFP Zimbabwe Situation Report #8, 14 June 2016
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report No 4, 29 Apr 2016
- IFRC: Food Insecurity Emergency appeal n° MDRZW011 (25 April 2016)
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan (Apr 2016-Mar 2017)
- 2016-2017 Drought Disaster Domestic and International Appeal for Assistance
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced the easing of Australian sanctions against a further 65 individuals and three entities in Zimbabwe, following completion of a constitutional referendum which paves the way for democratic elections.
More than 90 per cent of Zimbabweans voted in favour of the new constitution on March 16 this year, with constitutional legislation being formally adopted on May 22.
Senator Carr said Australia's easing of sanctions was aimed at encouraging further democratic reforms.
Release of the 2011-12 Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness
The inaugural Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness was released today by Foreign Minister Bob Carr. This new and important document is part of a suite of reforms flowing from the 2011 Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness. Its purpose is to inform Cabinet discussion of the four-year budget strategy outlined in the Comprehensive Aid Policy Framework and report on the aid program’s performance against the Framework.