- USG for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Stephen O’Brien - Statement on Yemen, 8 Oct 2015 [EN/AR]
- Amnesty Int'l: ‘Bombs fall from the sky day and night’: Civilians under fire in northern Yemen
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan, Oct-Dec 2015 / Jan-Dec 2016 (Preliminary estimates), Oct 2015
Appeals & Funding
- Emergency Response Fund (ERF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- Humanitarian Response Plan - 2015 Revision (Jun 2015)
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2015 (Revised)
Natural disasters, including drought, earthquakes, floods, and wildfires, as well as ongoing complex emergencies and limited government capacity in the region, present significant challenges to vulnerable populations in Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia (EMCA). Between FY 2004 and FY 2013, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) provided assistance in response to a range of disasters, including floods, wildfires, winter emergencies, and complex crises.
Addressing Assembly via Cell Phone, Honduran President Zelaya Calls on United Nations to 'Restore Rule of Law and Freedom that Honduras Deserves'
Concerned that the United Nations outdated structure left it ill-equipped to deal with twenty-first century realities, Government Ministers addressing the General Assembly today pressed the world body to revamp its institutions, extend its alliances and break old mindsets that had hampered its credibility as the world's pre-eminent negotiating forum.
For Osman Mohammed Saleh, Eritrea's Minister for Foreign …