- OCHA: Yemen: Cyclones Chapala and Megh Flash Update 11. 19 Nov 2015
- OCHA: Yemen - Health and education on the brink of collapse, 19 Nov 2015
- Statement to the Press: Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Johannes van der Klauuw, 18 Nov 2015 [EN/AR]
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan, Oct-Dec 2015 / Jan-Dec 2016 (Preliminary estimates), Oct 2015
- Humanitarian Response Plan - 2015 Revision (Jun 2015)
- Emergency Response Fund (ERF) in 2015 PDF XLS
The World Bank has emerged as a leading partner of disaster-prone countries in their efforts to manage the risk of disasters, and respond to their impacts when they hit. Investments are helping to safeguard growth in sectors like urban, water, transport, agriculture and rural development, and protect millions from the loss of lives and livelihoods in disasters. To leverage new investment, generate knowledge and expertise and build a global partnership for Disaster Risk Management (DRM), the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) was established in 2006.
20 September 2011: Violence has escalated in Sanaa during the last three days. Military defectors backing anti-government protesters are fighting with troops loyal to President Ali Saleh taking the death toll to more than 50 people. April Alley, Crisis Group’s Yemen Senior Analyst, explains the situation on the ground, and what can be done to stop the violence. 4:41
Le Conseil des droits de l'homme des Nations Unies doit consolider ses récents succès
Les nouveaux États membres auront un rôle critique dans la réalisation des futurs progrès
UN Human Rights Council: Build on Recent Successes New Member States Critical to Future Progress
New Member States Critical to Future Progress
Widespread hunger and chronic malnutrition have taken hold in Yemen. A protracted political stalemate over much of the past six months has left the government in paralysis, prompting a fuel crisis that has brought the economy to the verge of collapse. A recent study by Oxfam found many communities to be on the brink of disaster. In other parts of the country the United Nations has found that some vulnerable communities are now facing critical levels of malnutrition.