- UN OCHA allocates $58 million to support 3 million people with life-saving assistance in Yemen [EN/AR] - 8 Dec 2016
- FEWS NET Yemen: Key Message Update - Nov 2016
- HEALTH CLUSTER: Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Weekly Cholera/AWD Update As of 24 Nov 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 Interactive HNO site
- Revised 2016 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (Aug 2016)
- Emergency Response Fund (ERF) in 2016 PDF XLS
By John Telford and John Cosgrave
Contributing author: Rachel Houghton
A major independent evaluation published today calls for a fairer system of funding emergencies so that all those affected can escape suffering and death and rebuild their lives. This is essential given the rise in natural disasters the world is facing.
SANAA, 11 July 2007 (IRIN) - The Yemeni authorities have sent teams to combat desert locusts in southern Yemen after UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) eradication operations failed to start as scheduled on 28 June.
Officials at Yemen's Desert Locust Control Centre (DLCC) are worried the locusts are increasing in number and, if not controlled, could damage crops.