In Focus: Refugee crisis in Europe
- EU: Declaration of the High-level Conference on the Eastern Mediterranean - Western Balkans Route
- UNHCR: 66th Session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme Agenda point 5(a). Statement by Volker Türk, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, 8 Oct 2015
- UNHCR: Interim Operational Considerations for the feeding support of Infants and Young Children under 2 years of age in refugee and migrant transit settings in Europe
Appeals & Funding
- Special Mediterranean Initiative Jun 2015 – Dec 2016, Supplementary Appeal
- UNHCR: Special Mediterranean Initiative: Plan for an enhanced operational response (Jun–Dec 2015)
- IFRC Response Plan: A Movement coordinated approach focusing on the Mediterranean and neighbouring regions
IFRC Population Movement Emergency Appeals/Emergency Plan of Action for European Countries Slovenia (Oct 2015); Croatia (Oct 2015); Hungary (Sep 2015); FYR of Macedonia (Sep 2015); Serbia (Sep 2015); Greece (Sep 2015); Italy (May 2015)
XIENGKHUANG, 4 January 2011 (IRIN) - In the two years since the Laos government set up the first team of women clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO), they have had lots of attention, but this has not translated into increased funding, says the UN, which is supporting government programmes.
"It was quite in vogue with donors to have all-female teams," said John Dingley, the UN's senior technical adviser working with the government's UXO Lao clearance programme.