In Focus: Refugee crisis in Europe
- Red Cross urges governments to protect people on the move as freezing weather is set to sweep Europe this weekend, 20 Nov 2015
- Joint UNHCR, IOM, and UNICEF statement on new border restrictions in the Balkans, 20 Nov 2015
- ACAPS: European Asylum-Seeker Crisis: Scenarios - Possible developments in transit countries over the next 6−9 months
Appeals & Funding
- UNHCR Emergency Appeal 2015: Winterization Plan for the Refugee Crisis in Europe (Nov 2015 – Feb 2016)
- UNHCR Special Mediterranean Initiative Jun–Dec 2015, Supplementary Appeal
- IFRC Response Plan: A Movement coordinated approach focusing on the Mediterranean and neighbouring regions
IFRC Population Movement Emergency Appeals/Emergency Plan of Action Regional (Nov 2015); Croatia (Oct 2015); Greece (Sep 2015); Hungary (Sep 2015); Italy (Nov 2015); FYR of Macedonia (Sep 2015); Serbia (Sep 2015); Slovenia (Oct 2015)
XIENGKHUANG, 4 January 2011 (IRIN) - In the two years since the Laos government set up the first team of women clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO), they have had lots of attention, but this has not translated into increased funding, says the UN, which is supporting government programmes.
"It was quite in vogue with donors to have all-female teams," said John Dingley, the UN's senior technical adviser working with the government's UXO Lao clearance programme.