• Heavy rain has been affecting several areas of the country over the past few days causing floods and landslides.
The Asia-Pacific region is one of the most disaster-prone areas in the world, with frequently occurring natural disasters including earthquakes, tsunamis, tropical storms, flooding, landslides and volcanic eruptions affecting millions of people every year.
Syria - Conflict
• On 15 July, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights - Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein - expressed alarm about the increasingly desperate situation of civilians trapped in Syrian towns where air and ground military offensives are being carried out.
• Heavy rain has been affecting the country over the past few days, causing floods.
• According to media reports, as of 13 July, at least 300 houses have been damaged in several villages of Benue state.
China – Severe weather
• Heavy rain has continued to affect several areas of the country, causing more floods and landslides.
• According to national authorities, as of 12 July the death toll from heavy rain has reached 206 people, while 30 are still missing, over 206 100 have been evacuated, hundreds of thousands have been affected, and over 482 400 houses have been partially or fully damaged in several provinces of the country.