By the end of 2015, more than 65 million people were forcibly displaced due to conflict: the highest number ever reported. Conflict had internally displaced 40.8 million persons and 21.3 million refugees had fled across borders because of war and persecution. An additional 3.2 million people in industrialized countries were awaiting decisions on asylum.
• Heavy rain has continued to affect the country over the past few days, causing more floods.
• According to media reports at least 12 people have died and 155 homes have been damaged in Rakhine state, as of 14 June
• Heavy rain affected the capital city of Nicosia on 10 June, causing floods.
• According to local media, several homes were flooded and traffic was disrupted in several parts of the capital, as of 11 June
• Heavy rain has been affecting the country over the past few days, causing floods.
• According to local media, one person was killed in Quetzaltenango department due to a landslide, at least 15 houses were damaged in the department of Sacatepéquez and traffic was disrupted in several parts of the country due to floods, as of 13 June.
Nicaragua - Earthquake
• An earthquake of magnitude 6.1 M at a depth of 10 km occurred in the department of Chinandega (north-western Nicaragua) on 10 June at 3.25 UTC. The epicentre was located approx. 17 km east of Puerto Morazan and 114 km north-west of the capital city Managua. USGS PAGER estimated that 19 000 people were exposed to "Very Strong" and 268 000 to "Strong" shaking.
• As of 10 June, there have been no reports of damage or casualties.
West African Arrivals to Europe:
Between January and April 2016 an estimated 4,204 Nigerians, 2,296 Ivoirians ,1 602 Guineans and 1 667 Senegalese arrived by sea to Italy using Central Mediterranean Route.
• Severe weather, including heavy rain, thunderstorms and hail, has continued to affect the central and southern areas of the country, causing more casualties and damage.
• According to national authorities, five people have died, one has gone missing, 11 have been injured, over 3 600 people have been evacuated and over 23 600 houses have been partially or fully damaged in the provinces of Shanxi, Henan, Hubei, Sichuan, Shaanxi, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, as of 7 June
44,148 people on sites