45,519 people on sites
45,852 people on sites
India, Nepal – Forest fire
• According to media, forest fires have been affecting northern India, especially the state of Uttarakhand, as well as some areas of Nepal over the past couple of months causing casualties and damage.
• Media report at least 18 people dead, of which 11 in Nepal and seven in Uttarakhand state (India), as of 3 May.
• Heavy rain has been affecting several areas of the country, especially the capital Nairobi, over the past few days causing floods and landslides.
• As of 2 May, national authorities reported that at least 16 people had been killed, 135 had been injured and 75 had gone missing after a building collapsed in Huruma district (Nairobi) on 29 April. Search and rescue operations are still ongoing.
• Severe weather, including heavy rain and extreme high temperatures, has been affecting several parts of the country over the past weeks, causing casualties and damage.
• In the state of Odisha, 30 people are reported to have died as a heatwave continues to worsen, as of 14 April.
• In the states of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, local media reported at least 15 people dead, thousands affected and several homes damaged due to floods and landslides, as of 25 April.
46,020 people on sites