In Focus: Refugee crisis in Europe
- EU: Declaration of the High-level Conference on the Eastern Mediterranean - Western Balkans Route
- UNHCR: 66th Session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme Agenda point 5(a). Statement by Volker Türk, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, 8 Oct 2015
- UNHCR: Interim Operational Considerations for the feeding support of Infants and Young Children under 2 years of age in refugee and migrant transit settings in Europe
Appeals & Funding
- Special Mediterranean Initiative Jun 2015 – Dec 2016, Supplementary Appeal
- UNHCR: Special Mediterranean Initiative: Plan for an enhanced operational response (Jun–Dec 2015)
- IFRC Response Plan: A Movement coordinated approach focusing on the Mediterranean and neighbouring regions
IFRC Population Movement Emergency Appeals/Emergency Plan of Action for European Countries Slovenia (Oct 2015); Croatia (Oct 2015); Hungary (Sep 2015); FYR of Macedonia (Sep 2015); Serbia (Sep 2015); Greece (Sep 2015); Italy (May 2015)
This Guidance is aimed at those involved in the commissioning, design and management of evaluations of humanitarian assistance programmes principally within donor organisations but is also likely to be of use to UN agencies, NGOs and other organisations involved in the provision of humanitarian assistance.
Forced Migration Review provides a forum
for the regular exchange of practical experience, information and ideas
between researchers, refugees and internally displaced people, and those
who work with them. It is published three times a year in English, Spanish
and Arabic by Refugee Studies Center/ University of Oxford in association
with the Global IDP Project/ Norwegian Refugee Council.
Issue 5 deals with issues of international relations, drawing on Kosovo as a case study.
- Introduction: learning from Kosovo, by Matthew J Gibney, Guest Editor
This guide manual lays out the approach currently
used by FEWS to identify regions and groups most vulnerable to food insecurity
in the case of drought or some other shock. For this purpose, it addresses
the following issues:
- Objectives and uses of vulnerability analysis
- Evolution of thought regarding famine and vulnerability
- Various approaches to vulnerability analysis
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.
This library is a tool for disaster terminology and for analysing the contents of bibliographic information. Here provided in Spanish, the vocabulary is also available in English, Portuguese and French, which may be requested from the provider.
This report examines the protection situation
for refugees, returnees, internally displaced persons and minorities in
Kosovo, as well as safeguards for the rights of those who have not yet
returned. In addition, the role of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
within the overall structure of the UN Interim Administration in Kosovo