In Focus: Refugee crisis in Europe
- Red Cross urges governments to protect people on the move as freezing weather is set to sweep Europe this weekend, 20 Nov 2015
- Joint UNHCR, IOM, and UNICEF statement on new border restrictions in the Balkans, 20 Nov 2015
- ACAPS: European Asylum-Seeker Crisis: Scenarios - Possible developments in transit countries over the next 6−9 months
Appeals & Funding
- UNHCR Emergency Appeal 2015: Winterization Plan for the Refugee Crisis in Europe (Nov 2015 – Feb 2016)
- UNHCR Special Mediterranean Initiative Jun–Dec 2015, Supplementary Appeal
- IFRC Response Plan: A Movement coordinated approach focusing on the Mediterranean and neighbouring regions
IFRC Population Movement Emergency Appeals/Emergency Plan of Action Regional (Nov 2015); Croatia (Oct 2015); Greece (Sep 2015); Hungary (Sep 2015); Italy (Nov 2015); FYR of Macedonia (Sep 2015); Serbia (Sep 2015); Slovenia (Oct 2015)
These guidelines provide a primer on when and
how sexual violence can occur in the refugee context and the physical,
psychological and social effects it can have on those exposed.
Addressing ways to combat the occurrence of sexual violence and how to respond when incidents occur, the guidelines emphasise the need for education, training and information campaigns as well as the need for legal awareness training, leadership and skills training, and education.