Summary of the situation reported during
the last week
- 8,869 new confirmed cases (146,016
cumulative cases in 35 countries).
- 158 new confirmed deaths (3,292 confirmed
deaths in 25 countries).
- 98.9% of the influenza A viruses that
were subtyped were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- South America experienced low intensity
and a decrease or unchanged trend
- North America experienced an increasing
trend despite low intensity of acute respiratory disease everywhere except
- Central America experienced low or
moderate intensity and a decreasing trend.