- Uganda: Emergency Update on the South Sudan Refugee Situation Inter-Agency Daily #33 | 27th - 29th August 2016
- UNICEF Uganda – South Sudanese Refugee Crisis Situation Report, 5-12 August 2016
- FEWSNET Uganda Food Security Outlook Update Jun 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
Commission on the Status of Women
The countries and contexts highlighted by MSF on this year's list accounted for just 18 minutes of coverage on the three major U.S.
Commission Continues General Debate on Human Rights of Women
(Reissued as received.)
GENEVA, 10 April (UN Information Service) -- The Commission on Human Rights this morning heard experts on migrants, internally displaced persons and the United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund on Contemporary Forms of Slavery present reports. It also continued with its general debate on the human rights of women and the gender perspective, including violence against women.
by Michael Anders
BERLIN, Oct 18 (AFP) - A campaign to raise the age of enrolment into Europe's armed forces to 18 was launched by non-governmental organisations (NGOs) Monday with the backing of the German government.
The campaign, which seeks to strengthen a UN protocol against "child soldiers", received unequivocal support from Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer at the opening of a three-day conference in Berlin.
The present UN Convention on the Rights of the Child defines persons up to the age of 15 as children in this regard.