- UNHCR Uganda Factsheet (May 2017)
- Uganda Solidarity Summit on Refugees: Requirements for a Comprehensive Refugee Response in Uganda
- IASC Snapshot: Uganda's New Way of Working
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
Another week of poorly distributed rains across the Greater Horn has led to strengthening deficits in southern Somalia.
In southern Africa, a delayed start of monsoonal rains observed in parts of Angola and South Africa.
1) As the rainfall season ends across Senegal and harvesting begins, impacts from poorly distributed rains during the summer months and a delayed onset to the rainfall season in July which resulted in deteriorated conditions could impact crop yields.
On the occasion of the 38th Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors held in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, a number of financing agreements have been signed under which the Bank shall participate in financing new development projects in (10) member countries (in addition to the Republic of Kosovo) for a total amount of USD230.9 million , The details are as follows:
1 . The Republic of Tajikistan
Loan for USD10 million, to participate in phase-3 in the Dangara Valley Irrigation Project with the objective of poverty reduction among the population.
By SCOLA KAMAU
Agricultural productivity across Africa has plummeted greatly as a result of climate change, pointing to future food crises on the continent.
According to the Worldwatch Institute, a New York-based environment research organisation, there is an urgent need for sweeping policy changes on the continent to combat worsening weather patterns.
Africa's major focus is on adaptation, ignoring other factors, hence the sluggish progress in combating climate change.
Tree planting is a preferred initiative with the recent heads of state proposal to plant a Great Green …
AT A GLANCE
- People in Sub-Saharan Africa have the worst health, on average, in the world. The region has 11 percent of the world's population, 24 percent of the global disease burden, and lacks the infrastructure to provide even basic health care to its people.
By Jennifer Harter, Communications Associate
It was a gathering of the most powerful organizations in the global fight against malaria in one of the most powerful places in the world.
And Christian Children's Fund (CCF) was among those invited to the White House on Wednesday for Malaria Awareness Day.
The Vice President for Global Programs at CCF, Michelle Poulton visited the White House on the organization's behalf for a key event in President Bush's efforts to fight malaria.
Poulton attended the luncheon in the White House Rose Garden for Malaria Awareness …