- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1 - 30 April 2017
- WFP Uganda Monthly Market Bulletin, March 2017: Issue 36
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, April 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- IFRC Uganda: Population Movement (MDRUG038) Emergency Appeal Revision 2
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
An adviser to the United Nations on the conflict in Somalia warns the country's ongoing crisis is encouraging terrorism activities in Kenya and other neighboring countries, which he says could destabilize the entire Horn of Africa region.
Mustapha Ali, who is also the Secretary General of the African Council of Religious Leaders, says Kenyans are expressing concern after police named 11 suspects under investigation for terrorism activities.
"It seems that the goings on in Somalia and across to the Kenyan border is now spilling over in terms of the people who …
Preliminary meetings are under way for a summit of African leaders in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, a little more than a week after the city was shocked by twin suicide bombings that killed 76 people. The bombings have placed Somalia at the top of an agenda nominally dedicated to improving health care for Africa's infants and pregnant women.
The theme of this week's gathering is about saving the lives of women in childbirth.