The crisis at a glance
- Main causes: chronic instability,
remnants of the Ituri Conflict, attacks against civilians by the LRA.
- In 2009, 849 civilians killed by the
LRA, and 1,486 abducted, including 185 children.
- An estimated 464,000 IDPs present
today, of whom 285,000 displaced during 2009.
- Approximately 38% of beneficiaries
not accessible, due to insecurity and logistical constraints.
- Seven attacks against humanitarian
actors during 2009, including one killing and five armed aggressions.