Nicaragua, 30 de Septiembre 2015
Fuente: El Nuevo Diario
La República de China (Taiwán) entregó un donativo de US$850,000 al Ministerio de Salud (Minsa), los cuales serán utilizados para adquirir medicamentos y brindar atención contra enfermedades epidémicas como el dengue.
Durante el acto de entrega del donativo, el embajador Rolando Jer-Ming Chuang destacó la importancia de la salud como un derecho inalienable de las personas. Asimismo, manifestó la disposición de trabajar con el gobierno nicaragüense en el campo de la salud.
Super typhoon Dujuan has killed two people, and injured another 324 in Taiwan. After sweeping through the island and leaving a trail of destruction, it made landfall in Fujian province, on the Mainland's east coast. Dujuan brought gales, strong winds and high waves. 420,000 people in Fujian and neighboring Zhejiang province have been evacuated.
When a typhoon hits around the Mid-Autumn Festival...it's not just high winds, but also much stronger tides, because the moon is nearest to the earth.
Central America - Food Insecurity
• Guatemala - a food insecure population of 1 to 2.49 million people from February until next main harvest in August 2016.
• Honduras, many poor households will have very limited maize reserves after the 2015 drought and will be facing a food crisis by March.
• El Salvador & Nicaragua - the number of people affected is lower but still of concern with critical numbers being reached from March 2016.
• TC DUJUAN reached the coast of eastern Taiwan, in the area north of Hualien, late in the morning (UTC) of 28 September, as an intense Typhoon. On 28 September at 6.00 UTC, it had max. sustained winds of 222 km/h (equivalent to Category 4).
• DUJIAN is forecast to cross central-northern Taiwan on 28 September, slightly weakening, but still remaining a Typhoon and it may reach Fujian province (eastern China) early on 29 September still as a Typhoon (Category 1).
At 10:45 a.m. local time (02:45 UTC) on September 28, 2015, the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Terra satellite acquired this image of Super Typhoon Dujuan approaching Taiwan. The storm’s center made landfall along Taiwan’s mountainous northeast coast near the town of Nan’ao later in the day.
On Monday, 14th September 2015, H.E. James Chang, Ambassador of the Republic of China (Taiwan) presented a cheque in the sum of EC$268,820.00 (US$100,000) to Dr. Didacus Jules, Director General of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), at a ceremony held at the OECS Commission’s Headquarters in Saint Lucia.
The cheque represented a donation from the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to the Government and people of the Commonwealth of Dominica, to assist with relief and rehabilitation efforts following the passage of Tropical Storm Erika.
Taipei, Taiwan | AFP | Tuesday 9/29/2015 - 08:53 GMT
by Michelle YUN
Super typhoon Dujuan has killed three people and left more than 300 injured in Taiwan, authorities said Tuesday after it swept across the island before making landfall in eastern China.
It hit the Chinese coastal city of Putian by Tuesday afternoon, state news agency Xinhua said, but there were no immediate reports of damage.
Taipei, Taiwan | AFP | Monday 9/28/2015 - 15:03 GMT
by Benjamin YEH
Super-typhoon Dujuan battered Taiwan leaving 24 injured as torrential rain and fierce winds hit Monday evening, while China issued its top alert as the storm approached the mainland.
Dujuan struck the island's northeastern tip earlier than expected after picking up speed as it approached, with more than 7,000 people evacuated in advance.
Most of the 24 people hurt suffered minor injuries, the island's Emergency Operation Center said, many of them hit by flying debris.
Taipei, Taiwan | AFP | Sunday 9/27/2015 - 11:31 GMT
Thousands of tourists were evacuated from islands off Taiwan Sunday as super typhoon Dujuan gathered strength on its approach to the island.
Taiwan's weather bureau upgraded Dujuan to a "strong typhoon" -- it's top category -- on Sunday evening as the storm approached the island's east.
Other regional weather bureaus, including the Hong Kong Observatory, categorised it as a "super typhoon" as it intensified to reach gusts of 227 kilometres (141 miles) per hour.
• DUJUAN intensified into a Typhoon late on 24 September, while remaining over open waters. On 25 September, the Typhoon’s centre was located approximately 925 km south-east of the southernmost Japanese groups of islands, Yaeyama and Miyako. It had maximum sustained wind speed of 139 km/h and was moving with a north-west direction.
Honduras, 11 de Septiembre 2015
Fuente: La Prensa
En una intensa gira en el interior del país, el presidente Juan Orlando Hernández constató los daños provocados por la sequía y anunció a los productores el apoyo con un nuevo mecanismo de riego.
El plan de acción del Presidente para contrarrestar los efectos del cambio climático en Honduras considera convertir Minas de Oro, Comayagua; Candelaria, en Lempira, y Guaimaca y La Libertad, en Francisco Morazán, en modelos de cambio al declararlos centros pilotos contra la sequía.
El Gobierno de ese país entregó 800 mil dólares para financiar la iniciativa del Gobierno Sandinista
El Gobierno de China-Taiwán entregó 800 mil dólares para apoyar el programa Hambre Cero, ejecutado por el Gobierno Sandinista a través del Ministerio de Economía Familiar Comunitaria, Cooperativa y Asociativa (Mefca).
En esta oportunidad, el donativo beneficiará a más de dos mil 400 familias que viven en la zona seca del país.
En el acto de entrega participaron el embajador de Taiwán, Rolando Jer Ming Chuang, y el codirector del Sinapred, Guillermo González
El gobierno de China-Taiwán entregó una donación de 1,400 toneladas de arroz a Nicaragua con el objetivo de apoyar los esfuerzos que hace el país para atender las necesidades alimentarias de la población.
• GONI passed over the Ishigaki and west of Miyako islands, southern Okinawa prefecture, as a Typhoon on 23 August. On 24 August, at 6.00 UTC, its centre was located approx. 158km west of Amami islands and it had max. sust. Winds of 204 km/h.
• Over the next 24h, GONI is forecast to move north-east towards western Kyushu in southern mainland Japan, passing west of the rest of Okinawa prefecture and west of Kagoshima prefecture islands, as well. Its intensity will decrease, but it will remain a Typhoon. It may reach Kyushu on late 24 August.
Despite not making landfall, Typhoon Goni caused torrential rains over Luzon and the Batanes islands. 12 862 people were evacuated. 10 people have been reported dead, three persons are missing and seven have been injured.
With current sustained winds of 140 km/h Typhoon Goni is expected to leave the Philippines Area of Responsibility Sunday night/Monday morning, heading towards northern Japan.
Manila, Philippines | AFP | Sunday 8/23/2015 - 08:56 GMT
A weakened Typhoon Goni was headed towards Japan on Sunday, after leaving at least 10 dead in the northern Philippines and causing thousands of people to be evacuated in Taiwan.
By Sunday afternoon the storm was 240 kilometres ((149 miles) east of Taiwan's capital Taipei and was moving north at 19 miles an hour, the island's Central Weather Bureau said.
• Typhoon GONI weakened as it approached the Babuyan group of islands in the Strait of Luzon. On 21 August, at 6.00 UTC, its centre was located 40km south-east of Babuyan Island and it had maximum sustained wind speed of 185km/h.
Manila, Philippines | AFP | Saturday 8/22/2015 - 15:24 GMT
by Joel GUINTO
Ten people were killed while thousands fled to higher ground as powerful typhoon Goni brought torrential rains to the northern Philippines, triggering landslides and floods, officials said Saturday.
Nine people died in Mountain Province and Benguet in the northern highlands after their houses were buried in rocks and mud. A man was killed in nearby Ilocos Norte province after he was hit by a falling tree, the national disaster council said in a report.