· The Government is finalizing a response plan to address the immediate needs of the affected population for the next three months.
· The response plan will be followed by a recovery and reconstruction plan covering a 12 to 18 month period.
· 800 households have been provided with either a tarpaulin, tent or shelter tool kit.
· The school year is expected to resume as normal in early February.
· Eight Pacific Humanitarian Team members are in Tonga providing technical support at the request of Government.