This report was issued by OCHA New York,
with inputs from OCHA Fiji and OCHA ROAP. It covers the period from 03/10/09
to 04/10/09. The next report will be issued on or around 05/10/09.
- Death toll in Samoa has risen to 135,
8 still missing. 20 villages completely destroyed.
- An estimated 3,500 people are displaced
- Food, water, shelter, clothing and
sanitation are key relief priorities.
- The Government of Samoa has indicated
transition from relief to early recovery planning.
- The Government of Samoa estimates the