- Thailand: Floods - May 2017
- Thailand: Floods - Dec 2016
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Malaysia: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Typhoon Rammasun - Jul 2014
- Thailand: Floods - Oct 2013
- Typhoon Wutip - Oct 2013
- Thailand: Floods - Aug 2011
- Tropical Storm Nock-ten - Jul 2011
- Tropical Storm Haima - Jun 2011
By Paul Keilthy
LONDON (AlertNet) -- Donors dug into their pockets deeper and faster than ever before to support the survivors of the Indian Ocean tsunami, but will the unprecedented outpouring of money translate into long term concern for other emergencies or will it actually hurt aid agencies' efforts to raise money for other causes?
Days after the disaster, initial pledges by governments -- which usually provide the bulk of emergency funds -- were outstripped by donations from individuals, churches, schools, companies and community groups.