- OCHA Chad: Update on the people having allegedly surrendered in the Lac region - Situation Report no 1 (03/12/2016) EN / FR
- Mission d’évaluation conjointe HCR/PAM de la situation des réfugiés centrafricains et soudanais au Tchad - Données collectées en avril-mai 2016
- OCHA Chad: Situation in the Lac region and impact of the Nigerian crisis Situation Report no 19 (16/11/2016) EN / FR
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Revised requirement and response priorities (Sep-Dec 2016)
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
Le 24 novembre, 714 enfants et femmes ont été transférés par les autorités tchadiennes à leurs chefs de cantons d’origine.
Environ 333 hommes, femmes et enfants sont toujours retenus au lycée de Baga Sola dont le statut reste à être déterminé par les autorités compétentes.
A la date du 02 décembre 2016, 62 enfants suspectés d’association à un groupe armés ont été accueillis au CTO.
On 24 November, 714 children and women were transferred by the Chadian authorities to the leaders of their areas of origin (chef de canton).
Some 333 men, women and children are still being held at Baga Sola high school; the status of these people has yet to be determined by the competent authorities.
As at 2 December, 62 children suspected of association with an armed group have been brought to the CTO1 in Bol.
About 1,250 people have reportedly returned from Chad to Habila locality, West Darfur, according to HAC.
2016 harvest in Sudan is expected to be above‑average levels, as the 2016 rainy season has been favourable, according to FAO.
On 23 November, SPLM-N signed an Action Plan with the UN to end and prevent the recruitment and use of children in conflict.
The 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence campaign has started in Sudan.
107.5 M required for 2016
29.2 M contributions received, representing 27% of requirements
78.4 M funding gap for the Nigeria Situation
More than 4.6 million people in Nigeria’s Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states are experiencing acute food insecurity
IOM identifies nearly 198,900 IDPs in Cameroon’s Far North Region
Armed actors continues to attack civilians and security forces in the Lake Chad Basin region
As of 30 November 2016, UN-coordinated appeals and refugee response plans within the Global Humanitarian Overview (GHO) require US$22.1 billion to meet the needs of 96.2 million humanitarian crisis-affected people in 40 countries. Together the appeals are funded at $11.4 billion, leaving a shortfall of $10.7 billion.
Desert Locust outbreak continues in **Mauritania** while smaller ones develop in **Eritrea** and **Yemen**
Résumé narratif des causes, du contexte et des principaux problèmes
Violence, floods displace an estimated 19,000 people in Kaga-Bandoro
Response agencies address needs of populations affected by Bria clashes
Donors pledge nearly $2.3 billion for emergency and long-term activities in CAR; UN releases 2017 HNO
Les plus graves niveaux d’insécurité alimentaire persisteront dans le nord-est du Nigeria
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
31 October 2016
• As of end of October 2016, there are 123,293 people displaced by the Nigerian crisis in Chad’s Lac region. Three additional sites were discovered this month.
• A Hepatitis E outbreak has been reported in the Salamat Region. A total of 128 cases, including 20 positive cases (16% positivity rate) and 2 deaths (1.6% case-fatality) were registered in Amtiman, the main city of Salamat Region.
Sorghum, millet, white maize, and local and imported rice are the most important food commodities. Millet is most heavily consumed in the eastern and northern regions of the country. Local rice is another basic food commodity, especially for poorer households. Imported rice and white maize are most commonly consumed in and around the capital. The Marché d'Atrone in N’Djamena, the capital city, is the largest market for cereals. Moundou is an important consumer center for sorghum and the second largest market after the capital. The Abéché market is located in a northern production area.